Plug 'n' Go Supechip

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
Right, after chatting away with rich, we were talking about a plug n go superchip... which you plug into diagnostics port and it changes the ecu, to gain more bhp and torque. Just wondering if anyone knows of one being available for a Cupra?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
Revo and Blufin both offer this function but its plug in, flash take out off you go. I dont know of one you leave plugged in.

CupraDean

Brrrmmm Tttsssssss
Dec 11, 2009
Newbury
yeh a bluefin. its so you can remap the ecu.... but if the car goes in the garage you can plug in your bluefin in and change it back to the standard :) meaning they dont know you have played around with engine.

revo carl

Jun 18, 2008
Revo and Blufin both offer this function but its plug in, flash take out off you go. I dont know of one you leave plugged in.

No our switch is simply that... a switch, you have to have your software installed by an authorised dealer. The switch allows you to switch between stock, 95, 97 and 100ron modes and all this without incrementing the flash counters :)

garethrobson

FR LOVER
Jun 10, 2009
County Durham
I dont know much about tuning, but could anyone tell me...

There is a blufin chip available for the VW Passat 2.0L TDI which has the exact same engine as the 2.0L FR TDI, does this mean that the bluefin chip will also work on the ibiza fr tdi, or not?

mardon

Feel the DIFFerence
Sep 22, 2008
A bean bag
It doesn't alter the flash counter because the software is never removed by the switch it is just turned back down to normal levels so if the dealer drove the car it feels normal and can't be picked up by normal diognostic machines. Techie may be able to comment further on this point.

Non of the remaps are completely safe or untracable

P-torque - No switch, could be flashed back to standard by p-torque but the flash counter would alter

Revo + APR - Software stays on ECU, power can be returned to standard for service etc - could be flashed back to standard by the installer but the flash counter would alter

Bluefin - Can be switched/flashed back to stock map at any time but the flash counter would alter

Custom Code - Cant comment

Hope this helps.

Jan 17, 2010
Essex - Saffron Walden
i was just speaking to a mate at work who is getting his octavia vrs remapped by revvo and said that some bloke took his in got it remapped and then once they loaded it on it completely locked the ecu out and car was undriveable and even the seat dealer had problems sorting it! just a bit scared that this would happen to mine... he said to me that they have it sorted now...

there isnt something that the dealer puts on that stops you from tuning is there?

ive had problems with remapping on another car aswell...

Jim H

Mar 6, 2009
Teesside
yeah you would think....

Will remapping a petrol improve fuel consumption like a diesel does or does it do the reverse?

This depends on how you drive the car.

If you drive at the same rate as the stock map then you may get an improvement in mpg. If you use the gained performance (ie put your foot down) you will obviously get decreased fuel economy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.