m0rk's 2003 Renault Sport Clio Cup 172 WN52 PCU

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You're not wrong at all. I just bimble about in it to work & back getting over 40mpg, then I get a bit anti it & think it's boring & a quick run up to the limiter or a run down a challenging B road just reminds me why I bought it from you!

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
RS Tuner procured for cheap... free diagnostics & remaps for €1 then sell on if I want :)

Group N remap I think...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Now remapped :)

Much much smoother, 7500rpm rev limiter, perfect idle & also launch control

Amusingly because it takes the speed from the gearbox the launch control is just a static rev limiter but it's an ignition only cut so it pops a lot.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Mark,

Do you take this up to Glasgow with you?
There's plenty of track days on the go, SCN Scottish National meet at Crail 1/4 mile strip in Crail NE Fifeshire also very very good North of Scotland roads/routes to be explored.
Im planning a trip around north scotland and perhaps Ireland too soon.
Let me know if this is something you fancy, beats sitting in the flat yourself ;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, that'd be good. It's been up in Glasgow since January (currently sat in Airport parking for the weekend)

I've not booked a flight home for the w/end of the National Meet yet, so keeping my options open there.

Keep me in the loop, always up for a good drive out

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Myself, Allen (DJHorace), Owen (OwenLCR) and Josh (Ibiza125) will be doing a summer trip somewhere for sure. I'll let you know when something is arranged

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
The pricing information for this is being released today.... I am going to watch closely!

Prototype.jpg

Gets within a few bhp of a full ITB setup so could be very interesting. (roughly +25bhp)

SRR%20mani.JPG

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Bit of both, direct to head manifold, with trumpets into an airbox, with the stock throttle body

So you can keep your OE management etc

£1300 in kit form, including £200 of engine mounts.

Then I can get a custom map from Fastchip for 100Euro & jobs jobbed

Very tempting

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
brim to brim calculated 43mpg

Officially the best mpg car of the fleet whilst being by far the best handling & most stupid.

I've decided to bring it home in a month or so, where it will be treated to new suspension & bushes ahead of the MOT in November. The roads around Glasgow are appauling and I'm just not happy to let it suffer another winter up there :(

So it'll be hire cars instead from September through to completion of my project.

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Cracking wee car Mork, I'm trying to part exchange one for my car at the moment. Do you know if these engines ok at taking relatively high mileage if well maintained? One has done 84k that I might be getting...

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Yeah, they seem to have few problems (just a cam belt being needy to being changed often) but otherwise it seems just regular maintenance is all they need.

Service kits are cheap enough for them. Are you part exing for a newer Ph2 or an earlier Ph1?

Spud_G40

PS3 Gamer tag: SRedx
Jun 12, 2006
Glasgow
Aye thats cool. Prob get that done when I get one for piece of mind. Yeh looking to get a Ph2 like yours. Mainly use my car for getting to work n getting about, so been looking for something fun, with enough power not to be bored.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
Someone on Cliosport has just worked out how to retrofit cruise control, so my request for prices is in at a dealer to cost up.

I don't think it'll improve the economy much, but should make the longer drives easier.

Planning on bringing it home from Glasgow soon for a wash, tidy up, service & MOT. Probably time for a cambelt swap again now it's at 71k too (it snapped at 37k).

Koni dampers look appealing, but at ~£500 it's quite an investment.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.