cleaning seats.. and car mats!

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
Ive got some stains/marks on my seats, and i dont know what to use to get them of, anybody used any good products or got an good techniques?
And i really want some good quality mats, does anyone know where to get them from as the dealers dont do them anymore. Thanks Marcus

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Meguiars Uphostery cleaner is good! Cleaned up my old car's seats like new

The 'cloud' marks that you are talking about are called 'tide marks' it's when moisture like rain has went onto your seats. It is not stained, it is because the fabric is not scotch-guarded (water proofed)

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Wet and dry vac you can hire them out I done mine and they came up like new and they had all sorts of girls stains sorry er some sort of stains on the seats lol

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
yeah halfords prob stock this, not sure about motorworld as we dont have them in scotland lol!

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
i would recomend a wet and dry vac i used to be a valeter and this is what used to use at my work makes them look like new, i use my wet and dry all the time on mine, just make sure you get the whole seat wet and dont leave any dry bits or you will get stains from where they dry.

marcuswomersley

Jan 14, 2009
Stoke-on-Trent
thanks for the information :L even if more information was given than needed :L so i just need to wet the seats with just water? no chemicals or anything? then just suck all the wetness out? :)

jamiebennett81

Wet and dry vac you can hire them out I done mine and they came up like new and they had all sorts of girls stains sorry er some sort of stains on the seats lol

yeah my GF has one and is helping me do my passat this weekend as a few of the seats have dirt stains etc

She highly recommends it. I have not used one yet, but if its anything like those wet vac carpet cleaners for your house which are awesome, then this will work on the seats very well

I have tried the spray and foam type cleaners from Halfrauds etc, and they were OK, but never properly removed bad stains or dirts built up on seats from over the years

vwbassett

Joined the Dark Side
Aug 13, 2007
Surrey
Tesco £1.50 foaming interior cleaner isnt too bad. Brings the LCR seats up a treat, ok not 100% perect but close 8/10 from me.

Big Ejit

Wassamarranow?
Aug 8, 2007
Brum
Sprayed the seats using a low pressure spray with Automatic washing power and warm water mix before now. Then used a wet and dry vac to draw the filth out.

usp

May 21, 2009
Kent
I got my mats from awsom gti £40 and they fit perfectly. They come in black with a choice of blue, red or black trim with the cupra logo on them.

dt_leon

Ive got some stains/marks on my seats, and i dont know what to use to get them of, anybody used any good products or got an good techniques?
And i really want some good quality mats, does anyone know where to get them from as the dealers dont do them anymore. Thanks Marcus

ebay.. i wasnt keen my mats and picked up a great quality new set on ebay for £20

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.