LC weight - front seats

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Hi guys,

I gota LC which im making into a fast road / track car. Ive got the rear seats out which weigh more than I thought and replaced with strut brace ([email protected] AMAZING bit of kit!! OMG!).

Anyways I digress - I know the front elec seats are heavy, but does anyone know how heavy they are? Just totting up the weight saving gain vs money spent else where, by replacing them.

Also noticed on the tinternet our cars get upto 1600 kg?!?!?!? does anyone have a true value for a standard LC?

Ta yall!

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
the LC in standard guise is always listed as weighing 1289kg but I assume this is based on the early pre-02 leons which had the 16" rims and no side skirts facelift bumpers etc. I'd imagine the facelift version to be slightly heavier but there wont be much in it.

Here's the specs http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=101849

The LCR is 50kg heavier. I assume this is down to bigger rims, bigger brakes and extra intercooler etc.

Ask willie if he weighed his LCR seats when he removed them. I know they're not motorised leather ones but it should give you an idea.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The VAG leather seats are very heavy.
The difficulty is finding new seats that don't cost a fortune.

The LCR seat are about 15-20 Kgs each
The leather S3 seats with electric gubbins are probably 30-40 Kgs each

Theres lots of weight saving to be done on the Leon, the full size spare wheel is 20Kgs too ;)

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
So each of my front seats are circa 30kg?!? OMG!!! & I agree - that rear seat back is harking heavy, the rest is very light tho. Spare wheels are overrated anyways ;)
Hummmm on the quest for some leather Recarros then!
Hehe anyone wna buy front and rear leather seats & standard Cupra alloys?! ;)

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Stay away from any leather seats, they are all alot heavier than there non leather equivilents.

Look at race spec bucket seats

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Its still my everyday driver, so want a bit of comfort / compromise, am taking weight from everywhere else ;)

Gota dicky back too so need the recliners, but looking up some Yellow Willians Harnesses before I hit the Ring in a few weeks!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members