mk2 dials in centre console

Steve

Cross member
May 10, 2001
Bournemouth, Dorset
www.8valves.co.uk
I seem to recall seeing some late mk2 16vs with a couple of dials in the centre console - oil temp and battery(?). Were these an Seat option or an aftermarket thingy? I think the mk3 Sport had some dials in the same place, but I'm sure I remember seeing them in a mk2 at a motor show or something.

If they were an option, does it mean that the car should already have the necessary wiring, or would they have come in a kit? I quite fancy some myself if (a) they were easy to fit and (b) I could get hold of some.

I found some in a scrapyard from an Audi 100 and wondered if I could fashion something out of those, although an auto electician I am not.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
would you rather have two i was given from a 1.8 16v?

even if the wiring isn't there, it's not hard to make

might even have the panel somewhere

volts & oil temp

optical

Feb 5, 2002
nottingham uk
Visit site
well the kit from seat is for LHD models only as i found out last year
which means the centre console is reversed the opposite it is a fairly easy job to modify your existing console to take the fascia plate.

regarding the wiring all that is in the kit but if you are using the audi dials make sure you get the two pole oil pressure sensor as the extra pin is for the gauge,
this needs to take place of the sender in the back off the cylinder head
and the wiring for the gauge is very straight forward all you need is a good ign wire (ie one that is only live when the ignition is on)
and a light feed say from the ciggatette lighter to light up when you turn your lights on.

if you have a look in the fuse box there is some plates of metal in some of the relay positions take your main feed from this just make sure you insulate it well

if your still stuck either pm me or
[email protected] and ill help you if i can

:saber:

nwales acc

Just checked out the official Seat site, and the centre console dials are still available under the accessories section. Part No. is KE20061053 and price quoted at £219.

jeske_GTi8v

Have you got the link to where this is on the seat site?

nwales acc

Yeah, Try Seat.co.uk.
When on the menu page there's an Accessories Directory link on the bottom right of the page.

simon_709

Baker
May 11, 2011
Norwich
would you rather have two i was given from a 1.8 16v?

even if the wiring isn't there, it's not hard to make

might even have the panel somewhere

volts & oil temp

I don't suppose u still have these? I really want some but can't find them anywhere!

simon_709

Baker
May 11, 2011
Norwich
I have seen the date lol, just thought its worth asking though, I really want these but there doesn't seem to be any left! :(

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
or you could do this??

DSC01742.jpg

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
looks tidy phil, have you any more vinyl? i may be being anal, but i would want the carbon to be go all the same direction

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
yes you are being anal sam!! but yeah, i know what you mean and its all coming out at the mo to be re-done. its a mishmash or carbon wrap so it will be all the same and the same direction when it goes back in. ;)

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.