celtic tuning

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
he all kuick question has anyone used celtic tuning to chip there cars they say they can chip a leon fr170 to 211bhp easly and can get it to 300bhp. true or not? and if so any good!!

www.celtictunning.co.uk :-o

211bhp is possible but the car will not run very long as the DPF will block and most likely catch fire. You will be lucky to get more then 195 with the DPF connected. There is a bloke on Audisportnet that only got 190ish BHP withthe DPF removed and a JBS delete map. He is now getting the car mapped properly at RS Tuning.http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?96304-Remap-help

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
If you read his sig in the link
"2007 a3 s-line 170 DSG
MODS DONE: GREEN COTTON FILTER, MILTEK DPF DELETE PIPE, MILTEK NON RESONATED CAT BACK, CUSTOM CODE REMAP, WINDOW TINTS, GLOSS BLACK MIRRORS, GLOSS BLACK 18" S-LINE ALLOYS, AP COILOVERS, SOLAR ORANGE RESPRAY, S3 REAR DIFFUSOR GLOSS BLACK, S3 SIDE SKIRTS, GLOSS BLACK GRILL AND FOGS, GLOSS BLACK AUDI BADGES, LAMINE-X FRONT LIGHT & FOG TINTS, S3 BRAKE CONVERSION"

Husbandofstinky

Out from the Wilderness
Nov 8, 2007
Temperate Regions
No worries.

I would be interesting to see how many of these allegedly 230+bhp would perform on different rollers.

Not disputing their previous results, just that it would be interesting.

boxr007

Hey, just to add, i have had a remap done by celtic on my PD150. they did claim it to increase to 206bhp, and tbo, that did seem very exaggerated for a 150 engine! I am very impressed with the map, having it for a few thousand miles now, but i still want to get it RR'd just to see what the actual power gains are.

Also, i can say that having experienced a MK2 golf, 170bhp, remapped by REVO which i think is over 200bhp, there was nothing between them. I would say it was more or less neck and neck, so maybe an indication that their power gains are not over exaggerated??