Secondary Air Injection System

MrWill

Aug 10, 2009
Bristol, UK
Hi all,

Have had my engine management light on for 8 months now and getting sick of seeing it. I did a vag-com scan and it came up with the usual pain in the a$$ code of:

Secondary Air Injection System: Incorrect Flow Detected

16795 P0411 - 35 - 10 - Intermittent

I've done some research on this site and the internet and I understand that the best way to resolve this is either to get a new pump, pipes etc, which a stealer quoted me £500 + on and said that they will first need to look at the whole system to see if leaks are coming from the pipes....which they said would take 2 hours = £140.

Or.....

I have seen that people have used resistors to solve the issue.....I can't find any guides on how to do this and was wondering if this is easy to do? And if it is likely to turn my engine management light off?

Ideally I would like to get this sorted asap without having to fork out over 500 quid.

Any help will be appreciated.

Cheers

Will.

rhysox

Ibiza Cupra 1.8T
Jun 18, 2007
Cardiff
If there is a resistor method then I'd love to know about it, I too am fed up with seeing it!

MrWill

Aug 10, 2009
Bristol, UK
ah cool thanks Dave.

I see you managed to sort yours out....was it fairly easy? I'm not very mechanically minded so it will be the first time I've done any work on my car....reckon it's easy enough to do?

Also which parts do I have to solder the resistors onto?

Cheers

MrWill

Aug 10, 2009
Bristol, UK
It says on that Engineering website that sells the blanking plate that the 'incorrect flow detected' can only be removed by software.....and that removing the SAI system won't get rid of this code...what software is it referring to?

...i'm sick and tired of seeing the EML and I don't want to have to fork out £400+ at a dealer to get it fixed....

...will a local garage do the SAI removal and put the resistors in?

Last edited:

MrWill

Aug 10, 2009
Bristol, UK
Good news....kind of.....

Did a scan on vag-com today and it's come up with:

Secondary Air Pump Relay (J299): Open Circuit
P1433 - 35 - 10 - - - Intermittent

Guess I just need a new relay then?? Good news because it doesn't look like it needs a new pump (not that i'd need one anyway as I'd remove the SAI system

littlebigdunc

yes think u can use a 1k resistor, in the mfa plug, think pin 1 and 2

arron2004

Cupra Boy
Mar 1, 2007
Nottingham J25 M1
To totally remove it get a clanking plate from forge and use the Same resistors as used on the n249. bypass to improve your re-circ valve (007p) etc I did this on mine never had 1 fault, just cut the plug off and put the resistor in! Job done

Last edited:

MrWill

Aug 10, 2009
Bristol, UK
What's the maf plug?

I've already bypassed the n249 and dont have an aftermarket dump valve still got standard.

Can't I just get a new relay from Seat?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.