Has Gio left BTCC?

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Hmmmmmm,

Unless another surprise is in store this weekend...... Would be a shame not to see him racing.

Would be a shame for me.. Ok he's a bit of a Schumacher in terms of winning all the time but he is driving talent.

Maybe he'll turn up in a Leon TDI ;)

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Noooo i meant... it would be nice if he Drove the other Leon and it was painted yellow instead of that dull Black livery

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Haha nah i dont know anything :cry:

What ive just learnt is James Nash was born in the very small town im living in at the moment [B)]

Would appear so, Gio is a paid driver, he wants money to drive for 888 so I doubt he will give his services for free. No deal is in place to cover his services so I guess that means no Gio.

that's a shame - guess he shouldn't be so greedy trying to get paid though

What ive just learnt is James Nash was born in the very small town im living in at the moment [B)]

born drivers from your town then ;) :lol:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=1883

Would appear so, Gio is a paid driver, he wants money to drive for 888 so I doubt he will give his services for free. No deal is in place to cover his services so I guess that means no Gio.

The first meeting was a fully-funded free drive for him. But clearly he wasn't able to raise the funds to do the rest of the season, despite his performance and Nash can afford the £200-300k for the season. I'm told Gio was willing to race for nothing and only get his travel expenses. The sooner the BTCC gets more cost effective cars to run (NGTC), the better.

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
Maybe I am being stoopid but the statement from the sponsors sounded a bit strange to me.

“We severely underestimated the impact that our brand exposure would have on the demand for certain products and services in the UK market, so to maintain sponsorship with Triple 8 would actually present us with a series of business problems,”

(taken from the article)

From that I read it meant that their name got out and they got more business and exposure (which is the whole point of advertising and sponsorship no?) but they are now cutting back as they are getting too much work??? Like I said am I being stoopid?
Alex

thompson1988

I read in autosport recently that he has got a drive in the superstar series driving a porsche may 27th 2010 edition page 28 to be exact :p goes on to say he couldent do BTCC anymore cause of budget issues.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.