EmDee

Omnishambolic
2189568405_c1003315b0.jpg

Jun 4, 2007
Aberdeen
Hey willz quick question. Read the front of your thread about suspension and was just wanting to confirm settings. Car was in for mot and read spring is gone so coilovers are gonna have to go on so just want to see what yours is at.

Thanks in advance

Mark

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Mark mine is between a 20 and 25mm drop from OEM ride height at the drivers side.

The passengers side as OEM is slightly higher due to OEM being designed as a Left Hand drive car.

So 20mm for best handling and level wish bone angles

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Thank you Rob,

I'm going for a proper full custom remap, for that guy I was onto you about.
I'm going to max out everything I can but obviously keep below rod breaking teritory.

CupraMVR is peaking 370 ft-lbs of torque on OEM rods, that mans got balls, lol.
Also he is a Awesome technician so has the kit to sort any feck ups easily.

I'll take it to around 320ft-lbs, if possible, but no more.
My clutch is rated for this too so it keeps everything nice and safe but a bit of fun too.

I was putting through 400-420lbft of torque through the standard AMK rods for 3yrs without a hiccup. They can easily handle more than 320lbft

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Luck is a serious factor, and it is foolish to advise that torque of this level is going to be safe/reliable when a lot of 210/225 motors are failing rods on basic remaps and k04's - the engines are getting old, and we are now seeing fatigue failures I suspect

rods for peace of mind, else you risk carnage

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
thank you for your input guys, i'm never going to see this sort of torque with my set up.
I'd never sleep if I was running over 320 ft-lbs.
the risks far out weight the benefits for me

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The story continues!!!

Another big step away to be climbed in the next few days,
FINALLY I'M GETTING MY LCR REMAPPED!!!

REALLY looking forward to the extra torque.
This is being carried out by a local guru in close conjunction with a well known VW Racing team boss :)

My BlueFlame 3" De CAT'd DP has arrived, I've got Stainless Steel bolts and nuts for this and a DP to Turbo gasket.
I've got a life time supply of Plus gas, a new wire brush and bent spanners :) :)
Pictures to follow, hopefully big smiles too

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
A custom remapped light weight LCR, its going to be a beast. You'll have a permanent grin for a while. Can't wait to see how your times improve.

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Fit you on aboot you dafty??

Pictures, otherwise known as images - they are those colourful rectangular things you must have from your trackday that were never posted. If you read page 40 you will understand. :rolleyes:

We also require pics of your plexi windiez.

athankyou.

PS if you could take a pic of your map that would also be appreciated. That is all.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Pictures, otherwise known as images - they are those colourful rectangular things you must have from your trackday that were never posted. If you read page 40 you will understand. :rolleyes:

We also require pics of your plexi windiez.

athankyou.

PS if you could take a pic of your map that would also be appreciated. That is all.
:p

Pictures to follow.
I don't have the track day pictures yet but will endeavour to get them.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members