Traction Control off?

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Apart from being 4WD they are probably more intelligently used.

VAG TC/ASR just kills the power to both driven wheels instead of trying to control the wheel that is slipping

ESP doesnt cut both wheels. not sure about TC. I take it ASR is the skoda TC equivelant?

Last edited:

Bertee

ESP doesnt cut both wheels. not sure about TC. I take it ASR is the skoda TC equivelant?

Yeah, but ESP/TC/ASR is unhelpful when you really want to go for it IMO.

These cars are not that fast that they are uncontrollable.

The only thing the ASR/TC might be handy with is when it was snowing but I couldn't get it out of the car park anyway without plowing the snow with the splitter so I don't know.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
Yeah, but ESP/TC/ASR is unhelpful when you really want to go for it IMO.

These cars are not that fast that they are uncontrollable.

The only thing the ASR/TC might be handy with is when it was snowing but I couldn't get it out of the car park anyway without plowing the snow with the splitter so I don't know.

Esp works differently to TC so its probably not as youd imagine. I think it cuts power to a wheel if it senses the car going sideways rather than just reacting to a lack of grip. different sort of system.

On private roads/track it comes off. but for general quick driving it stays on, too much rubbish and holes on the road.

Ive no idea how you manage in snow with it on?

hara

Sep 26, 2009
continent
ESP or Electronic Stability Programme controls the diffrence between steering input (where you point the steering wheel) and car direction (where the car is actually going) - stops you from going even a little bit sideways

TCS or Traction Control System just controls wheel slippage - eg making sure you don't melt your tires if starting with too much power/torque or when starting on icy roads

In the Cupra R the ESP and TCS are all integrated into one system, but there are Leons that have just plain TCS.

revere

Nov 10, 2009
Glasgow
I can't turn mine off the button is broken. I've got one on order from the Seat garage and need to get it fitted ASAP i.e. pay day in 2 weeks !

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.