MAF part number (Just the sensor not the housing)

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Hi

It appears that despite taking great care when cleaning my air filter not to over oil it, I managed to over oil it and kill the MAF. :(

I've searched on here for the MAF part number and found loads of threads that all seem to list the part number as 06A906461D, however thats the part number for the entire MAF including the housing... I believe you can get just the MAF sensor itself without the housing, but I can't find the part number for just that bit anywhere.

Does anyone know the part number for just the sensor without the housing?

Also, has anyone successfully managed to clean a MAF that has got oil on it?

Thanks
Ben

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
040 are the last 3 numbers, get whole maf, and replace the sensor, or early S3 without wideband should be same thing for complete right size.. , HOWEVER, you need to check if mike stuck a sticker over the sensor element to part "scale" it or not - early cars with IHI had this mod..

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
Thanks Bill

Spoke to Mike earlier. He said to get a normal Ibiza MAF (Smaller housing) and to remove the sensor and put it in the bigger housing.... he also said that if there is tape over the port holes then to do the same thing on the new one.

Sound sensible?

Note that both GSF and EuroCarParts only know of the whole thing including the tube, so if anyone knows the full part number of just the sensor then please let me know.

Would it show on ETKA?

Cheers
Ben

gezmeister

I need a derv!!
Apr 1, 2008
Norwich
Ben,

Take the maf sensor out of the housing and let me know what the numbers and letters are. I've got a spare one here that may be of use

George

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
040 are the last 3 numbers, get whole maf, and replace the sensor, or early S3 without wideband should be same thing for complete right size.. , HOWEVER, you need to check if mike stuck a sticker over the sensor element to part "scale" it or not - early cars with IHI had this mod..

F 00C 2G2 040

Apparently thats the Bosch part number for the MAF, whereas 06A906461D is the VAG part number. Both the same thing.

Thanks
Ben

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
06A906461DX exchange unit from VW

That's the same part number as the whole housing, with the X suffix to signify it's an exchange part.

Ben, I have to admit, while the sensor seems detachable from the housing, I've not seen them listed seperately. And considering how sensitive it is, I'm not sure I'd want to be handling just the sensor part.

It might be worth trying some aerosol degreaser to clean it, contact cleaner or something that is safe for electronics?

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
you cant touch the sensor if rmeoved, so handling is not a concern, dont drop them however as they are fragile metal film hot film devices..

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
The security screws that hold the MAF sensor into the housing have completely rusted and are unusable... does anyone know where I can get some more (They don't have to be seciroty screws, but the thread is quite unusual).

I've tried Screwfix but can't see what I'm after.

Thanks
Ben

BenS1

Jun 26, 2001
West Sussex, England
Visit site
The sensor generally doesnt come seperate from the housing.

New security screws will come in the new unit.

Sorry I should have been clearer...

I've removed my MAF from the housing and cleaned it. Unfortunately as the screws had totally rusted they were basically destroyed when I removed them.

So, now I have a cleaned MAF sensor and the housing but no screws.

Thanks
Ben

super1dude

Hi

It appears that despite taking great care when cleaning my air filter not to over oil it, I managed to over oil it and kill the MAF. :(

I've searched on here for the MAF part number and found loads of threads that all seem to list the part number as 06A906461D, however thats the part number for the entire MAF including the housing... I believe you can get just the MAF sensor itself without the housing, but I can't find the part number for just that bit anywhere.

Does anyone know the part number for just the sensor without the housing?

Also, has anyone successfully managed to clean a MAF that has got oil on it?

Thanks
Ben

So the screws are all rusted hm..

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.