New Toledo wanted, 18 T maybe

Jester77

Nov 1, 2008
West London
www.ukdrn.co.uk
Hi All.

I wrote my V5 off 3 weeks ago and I'm gutted, the damage didn't even seem that bad.
Now I'm over the shock of losing my lovely car I've started looking around for another and I've found a few 18 Turbos that have me interested.
I was wondering what are your thoughts on buying one, things to look out for etc compared to a V5

Thanks.
Jon

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I'm assuming it's the same engine as the 1.8 turbo's that go into the Leons, although probably not the Cupra version?

As for all SEAT's, there are a set of faults that are common that you should be able to find. You already know everything chassis wise as that will be much the same as the V5.

Don't forget though, only the V5 got ALL the toys, all the other Toledo's got some varied selection. And you've got the price hike from the V5, as the turbo's are a bit more desirable. They're still cheaper than the equivalent Leon as it's a saloon.

You don't fancy going for another V5? One Ebay auction finished a few days back, 2001 with less than 100k miles, just over a grand I believe?

Jester77

Nov 1, 2008
West London
www.ukdrn.co.uk
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do fancy another V5 and that's probably what I'll end up getting again but I just wondering about the 18T, I would miss all the toys though.

I wouldn't even look at other cars after owning the Toledo, fantastic car IMO

Would high milage be an issue on the 18T if it was well serviced?

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I wouldn't even look at other cars after owning the Toledo, fantastic car IMO

Tell me about it, I'm struggling to see any feasible replacement should the time come for my Toledo to go to the great big forecourt in the sky. I think the current Scirocco is getting the closest but I have a feeling they're going to hold their price. Until the world actually runs out of decent V5's, I'll just get another one!

I'm sure there is a Leon thread discussing high miles on turbo'ed and modded cars. There's no reason why you can't get high miles out of a turbo car, especially a relatively standard one. You might just be looking at replacing more parts per annum than you perhaps would with a more straightforward engine.

cookie1978

Jun 17, 2009
huddersfield
ive got an 03 toledo 1.8t with 100,000 on the clock and has been looked after well. Was owned by lincolnshire police prior to me owning it. Ive recently had the gearbox done as i lost 1st n 2nd gear which is a known problem on the 6 speed box, while the box was out i had clutch done. Just gone through mot n has 5mths tax. £2500. Mail me if interested.

Jester77

Nov 1, 2008
West London
www.ukdrn.co.uk
Tell me about it, I'm struggling to see any feasible replacement should the time come for my Toledo to go to the great big forecourt in the sky. I think the current Scirocco is getting the closest but I have a feeling they're going to hold their price. Until the world actually runs out of decent V5's, I'll just get another one!

I'm sure there is a Leon thread discussing high miles on turbo'ed and modded cars. There's no reason why you can't get high miles out of a turbo car, especially a relatively standard one. You might just be looking at replacing more parts per annum than you perhaps would with a more straightforward engine.

I didn't see this post becuase I would have contacted you.
I've brought another V5 now so the mods can delete this topic please.