Central Locking Remote Batteries

rhysox

Ibiza Cupra 1.8T
Jun 18, 2007
Cardiff
All,

My car is annoying not always locking/unlocking with the button on the key, suspect it's the batteries in the key. Can someone tell me what type of battery(s) I need and whether there's a special re-programming method that I need to undertake upon changing the batteries?

Many thanks,
Rhys

rhysox

Ibiza Cupra 1.8T
Jun 18, 2007
Cardiff
Mods, please close... the battery is a standard 2016 3v battery, available pretty much everywhere. No reprogramming was required, although I ensured that the car was open before I removed the old battery! I then started the car with the key before testing it and all worked fine. Car is now opening and closing everytime without problem!

leanski

since ive had my car battery changed...my central locking works but key thob doesn't? my mate at VW tried to re-programme it and it didnt work?...and my brother tried it at his garage and cudnt do it?...seat said it would cost 50 pounds to fix? which i think is bit steep for something that would probably take 2 mins without guarantee it will work?!

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Mods, please close... the battery is a standard 2016 3v battery, available pretty much everywhere. No reprogramming was required, although I ensured that the car was open before I removed the old battery! I then started the car with the key before testing it and all worked fine. Car is now opening and closing everytime without problem!

Thanks for the info as mine is starting to get annoying when trying to unlock sometimes.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.