Cupra, instrument cluster change

WULLIE

Hi folks, I notice on the Cupra's that there appears to be two instrument set ups.

One with just the oil temp and fuel - rev counter - odometer

The other has a screen between the oil and fuel with the outline of the car on it.

When was this change made? and is it specific to certain models/specs of cupra?

WULLIE

ok, thanks. What is the purpose of it then?

I've been looking at a couple of cupra's and K1's and noticed that the K1 didn't have the screen. I thought it was either to show which door was open or tyre pressures.

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi

This is called the MFD (Multi Function Display) which comes as said with Bluetooth.

The larger is required when using your phone linked to the car it shows your address book, who you're calling etc.

It also means you can have more info showing on screen at one time ie. perm shows outside temp & then can cycle through average mpg etc.

I would say Bluetooth is essential as very handy but also good for resale. Looks better to & means you can access settings menu where can change things like coming home fuction etc. Can also show radio station info on this screen.

Hope this helps.

jezyg

Feb 21, 2003
Derby
All FL Cupras have the larger MFD as standard but bluetooth is still an option either stand alone or standard with Sat Nav.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.