Revo 5 hour trial

ben_bones

Just had revo put the 5 hour trial on my k1, and must say what a difference. alot quicker to say the least! well happy and think i will be getting it.

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
from Marske, next to redcar. you form boro?

are you the white one parks near that pub in marske? opposite the grass playarea? i have a fl FR170 DSG park about 300 yards down the road form you opposite the junior school*....small world eh.

I'm in New Marske 5 mins away
lol i was brought up there and now live in marske...

few guys locally on here then it seems.

*note: i didnt mention pub or street names incase you were concerned with me pinpointing the location of your K1! some people may be, i dont know.

archerz

i'm a billingham lad, not there these days though. if i'm back look out for a furia grey fr tdi with black orions ;-)

ben_bones

Yeh I'm that 1 :) is yours a 10 plate in White? I got the trail done in darlo at mk5 golf centre.

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
Word on the street is that the trial is only 75% of the full map.

i dont buy that. if anything id have thought the opposite they would provide a slightly more potent trial, to get your attention even more.

the first time i heard of this, was on one of these forums, when someone had the trial and said they weren't that impressed with it, and after (not before) they then claimed its only 75% of the real map. Hmmmm!!!!!!!

i reckon it was moreabout keeping custom.

rudgey

Mk2 Leon TFSI Sport '06
Jul 2, 2008
near Midland VW ;)
But then again vrsy, isn't the trial just boost 6 timing 2 or something i.e to do anymore you'd have to vag com the car and check for correctional factors? I dunno i'm just stabbing in the dark but i know on my sps switch i have a revo performance setting which revo kev told me was just the bog standard without pushing the car at all! I'd have at a guess that on the trial they don't set the car up but just load the settings they know won't cause issues without having to worry about cf's?

Anyhoo, revo kicks ass and i know cus i got it :p lol

vRSy

Fabia vRS
Jan 8, 2009
London
i do agree that it will never be 100% of the full monty, but id bet its not 25% less than it. 90% and id agree with you.