6 disc CD changer? Which models LCR?

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hi Guys.

I am saving up for a black LCR 225 and hopefully all being well getting it this time next year. :D CAN'T WAIT!!!

I am wanting not only it to be low milleage preferbly under 50k, i would settle for anything from 45k-55k though. :)

One other feature I am looking for but can only find it on certain LCR 225's is the 6 CD Disc changer that is in the glove compartment. How come all 225 models don't come with this feature in as it's hard to pin point a well looked after maintained Cupra but also with a 6 disc changer. Some of them some with a radio that you have to take out the front piece instead of a built in one. I have noticed that if it comes with a casette player built in that it will have a disc changer

O yeah and i would really like the recaro seats if I could get a car with them in alongside this :funk::p , it would be awesome. If not the cupra r original seats look comfy and would just settle for the disc changer.

Could you guys please tell me what age or models or specific LCR's i need to search for that come with this disc changer feature with them or is it an optional feature that some previous owners have put in?

Look forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Chris :)

Dalicin

Hey mate, I brought a Black 225 Cupra R two weeks ago and it is awesome!! I have a 53 plate (04) and it has a Tape Deck and 6 disc multi in glove box, I believe (could be wrong) but the early Cupra R's i think had the Tape/6 disc combo, later ones had a single disc head unit! I have the normal seats big R on them and there comfy as hell (not that hell would be that comfy)

Happy Hunting and i hope you get what you want, It took me a couple of months but i got there in the end and it was worth the wait :)

Steve

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
I have that set up in mine - but am changing the headunit to accept my ipod so will be taking out the 6 disc changer. Can sell it ready to fit into which ever car you get bud - mines the tape deck too so as long as there is a spare row of pins at the back above where all the chocolate boxes fit in then itll work fine - also I guess if it has a "CD" button the head unit its the same one anyways "Auroa" head unit or something like that.

Andy

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
i have a 45 plate LCR with tape deck and 6cd changer in glove box alothugh this is not longer the case as i have my flip out in there, my car also came with the recaros :) they are lush i would recomed trying to find one with these seats in as my mate hate just normal LCR seat alough they are still good the recaros hold you in alot beter. good luck bud

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
i have a 45 plate LCR with tape deck and 6cd changer in glove box alothugh this is not longer the case as i have my flip out in there, my car also came with the recaros :) they are lush i would recomed trying to find one with these seats in as my mate hate just normal LCR seat alough they are still good the recaros hold you in alot beter. good luck bud

Hi Mate. Many thanks for replying back it's much appreciated.

You've made me want to look for recaro seats despirately now. lol It wasn't a nessesary but a like at first but now you have told me how comfy the recaro's are compared to the standard LCR i want to get both recaro's and 6 disc changer now. lol.

I would be looking for recaro's as it would be a bonus as I race so I would be taking my LCR on a few track days and recaro's is what would help aid my driving on a trackday. :D

Cheers dude!!!:)

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
I have that set up in mine - but am changing the headunit to accept my ipod so will be taking out the 6 disc changer. Can sell it ready to fit into which ever car you get bud - mines the tape deck too so as long as there is a spare row of pins at the back above where all the chocolate boxes fit in then itll work fine - also I guess if it has a "CD" button the head unit its the same one anyways "Auroa" head unit or something like that.

Andy

Hi Mate.

Many thanks for replying back it's much appreciated.

I never knew you could use a 6 disc changer in any car i thought they were made for specific car they came with. hmmm interesting!!. I mean it would be a bonus if like I said I could get recaro's and cd disc changer but i would be happy to settle for a disc changer. As i'm never non stop changing cd's after cd in my current car (corsa c SXI) as it has got a built in cd player but no aux socket for ipod.

You mentioned selling your cd changer. Not that I am going to buy it off you but do many people do this and how much do they fetch for matey?

I would be looking for recaro's as it would be a bonus as I race so I would be taking my LCR on a few track days and recaro's is what would help aid my driving on a trackday.

Cheers dude!!! :D

chris2401

Oct 30, 2009
Hey mate, I brought a Black 225 Cupra R two weeks ago and it is awesome!! I have a 53 plate (04) and it has a Tape Deck and 6 disc multi in glove box, I believe (could be wrong) but the early Cupra R's i think had the Tape/6 disc combo, later ones had a single disc head unit! I have the normal seats big R on them and there comfy as hell (not that hell would be that comfy)

Happy Hunting and i hope you get what you want, It took me a couple of months but i got there in the end and it was worth the wait :)

Steve

Hi Mate.

Many thanks for replying back it's much appreciated.

Yes it's worth shopping around, especially for a expensive item like a car.

The standard LCR seats do look comfy, others on here say that they aren't as comfy but each to their own.

In regards to the disc changer it's something that I want it to have. I am non stop changing cd's after cd in my current car (corsa c SXI) as it has got a built in cd player but no aux socket for ipod.

Do many people sell their disc changer?

I am setting my budget for 7500 and looking for milleage 45-55k at very most.

Whats your insurance like buddy?

You got msn address?

Cheers for getting back to me.

Chris :D

J@mes W

Stage 1 Revo'd LCR
Jun 28, 2009
Colchester
I've got a factory fitted Alpine head unit, it comes with a proper digital I pod lead too. it was an optional extra. The sounds quality is amazing, even with the standard speakers. Worth looking out for / considering.

Recaro seats are pretty hard to come by, i'd love some in my car.... don't forget though you will only have two seats in the back as opposed to 3 for normal seats.

Dalicin

I have never driven with Recaro's so i wouldn't know what the difference was anyway, lol, better than my leather seats in my old Alfa 156!! I have heard people sell the disc changer, take it out for bigger glove box and also getting a head unit with a ipod/mp3 player socket which i had on my old car. I brougt mine from a ex Seat Dealer, 2004, Standard, Full Service History and Regular Services which is what i wanted (a good base for mod'in and stuff) it had 53k on the clock and cost me £7995, maybe a touch over priced but it was 10 miles away and a years warrenty which i've already used cos my electric window broke. My insurance is £420 Fully Comp with Chris Knott Insurance but i am 28, with 8 years No Claims and no points........ Yet, lol

I don't have Msn mate but i do use Facebook, theres a link on my Profile :)

Steve

D3DNA

May 14, 2006
Cov
I bought my LCR 225 and it had the tape deck with the 6 disc changer. I ran that for a few months to maintain the new car feel but after a while I missed the flexibility of my iPod and the fact I didn't have to carry around my CD's with limited storage. I replaced the HU with the Alpine unit from my old car, a couple of tweaks to the radio harness to allow it to switch on with the car and retain memory, and wiring the iPod and I've been really happy with the results.

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Yup its the standard CD changer but like most ppl - the novelty soon wears off and the idea of Ipod coupled with actaully having a glovebox creeps in. Id suggest just get the car with Reccaros (not the overweight leather elec I ended up with - also do alot of track days so they will come out!!) and not worry too much about the CD changer.

Just my two cents worth