Croft BTCC - 20/6/2010

I think most lawyers could learn a thing or two from Fulvio!;)

Unfortunately it's not easy to argue with 3 on boards, data and the caveat of...."and what we say, goes".

We could appeal but they'd only make our lives more difficult than they already are.

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Oh my....what a weekend. More later. Must drink coffee now!

Need Savlon....not coffee. Burned forearms and neck but I don't really mind. Momentos of another super day's racing undisturbed by the climate in and around Norf Yorskhire.

Some good results for my three teams, Aon, WSR and RML but miffed yet again by the apparent bumping and barging tactics of Matt Neal in seemingly punting of the same old victim (Rob Collard) down the pecking order. Honda Racing are well on course to win some silverware. They would deserve it, but you cannot say the racing from Neal has been entirely clean and faultless.

Also the fans got more than a little excited during the autograph session, didn't they?! Especially around Jason!! Even the probably usually demure redheaded grid girl actually had to force the hoards back.

I see Thommo was around the paddock. Aon are set to announce a new driver at Snetterton. I wonder??????

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Thommo news :)

It was a great day, sorry I didn't come over to see the Barmy Army but we spent the entire day in the infield area and it was such a good viewing point I didn't want to leave!

I am also in need of Savlon - sunburnt arms and face!

Yep, we went infield for the second race, and really enjoyed the viewing there. Think we will be pitching up there next year,

YRC in trouble again

Now we're in trouble - not only are we not allowed to race, we're not allowed to have pretty stickers on the car. Shucks. A compromise has been met in light of spurious regs!;)

4720785584_62d5936678_b.jpg

Last edited:

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006

Just to clarify that part, TouringCarTimes reports the car will be run by GPR Motorsport. We just need to know what car it will be.

MG are thinking very seriously about returning to the BTCC using the MG6 which is a car that isn't out yet but does suit the NGTC blueprint set out by Alan Gow. It won't be that but I cannot rule out Thommo in a GPR Motorsport MG6 next year.

It seems that the NGTC is an engine that at this moment is very easy on teams. It is cost effective and untill 2013 where it seems full purpose built NGTC cars will be made and run, can be installed in older S2000 cars as we are seeing this season with messers Pinkney and Jordan with the Vectras.

More ex-VXR Vectras are surely available so why not that?

More ex-VXR Vectras are surely available so why not that?

Do you mean why aren't they going to run that as the demo? If that's your question, I would say that the answer is that it's a very old car in manufacturing terms.

BTCC should really demonstrate the latest cars as far as manufacturers are concerned but the costs of developing new cars each year to keep up with the road versions is painfully high.

This demo model will need to show the manufacturing world (if indeed that's what Alan is trying to attract) a brand new car. Not an old spruced up one.

I might have completely got that questions wrong so apologies of that's the case!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
I reckon it'll be a generic modern-looking 4 door saloon car that they will create. To base it on one particular model would not help attract manufacturers thinking about entering. It's like the ones they use on adverts for breakdown companies, they're just nothing cars.

I reckon it'll be a generic modern-looking 4 door saloon car that they will create. To base it on one particular model would not help attract manufacturers thinking about entering. It's like the ones they use on adverts for breakdown companies, they're just nothing cars.

That's serious cash so I'd be surprised and besides which - what's the point in having Thommo work on a car they can't homologate? Which I wouldn't put past them! If that was the case, the whole thing might as well be made of polystyrene!

Cool sticker :)

But how come you're not allowed to race & put stickers on now?

Under the new regulations you're not allowed to be 'too close' to the car in front....quote "this isn't touring cars you know Mr Mussi"

Re stickers... there's a caveat about 'conflicting interests' but seeing as nobody in our garage saw who put the sticker on the car it's a bit difficult for anyone to get in too much trouble. Plus....can't take it off in case it damages the paint. That would be a stupid expense to incur when we're not allowed to race in case the cars get scratched wouldn't you say?;)

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
LOL, sounds like a lame rulebook where you can arbitrarily call people on being close. Perhaps they will roll out rules for pulling over to allow passing?

JasonP06

Sep 11, 2006
Under the new regulations you're not allowed to be 'too close' to the car in front....quote "this isn't touring cars you know Mr Mussi"

Re stickers... there's a caveat about 'conflicting interests' but seeing as nobody in our garage saw who put the sticker on the car it's a bit difficult for anyone to get in too much trouble. Plus....can't take it off in case it damages the paint. That would be a stupid expense to incur when we're not allowed to race in case the cars get scratched wouldn't you say?;)

Cannot say anything about the stickers but the rule drivers "cannot be too close to the car in-front"?! Just how lily-livered can...and forgive me for picking on the wrong group...the BRDC get! Afraid their precious little gems will get damaged are they?! What a load of namby-pamby nonsense!

Though decent drivers like Paul Rivett are yet to taste the BTCC, the Elf Clio Cup is possibly the biggest provider of future BTCC talent with Tom Onslow Cole Daniel Lloyd, Michael Doyle, Martin Johnson and Alex McDowall all ex-Clio Cup drivers who are competing this season in the BTCC (and let us not forget for a short time this season Phil Glew), and names like Jonathan Adam and Matt Allison before them. If the organisers are to put the drivers in a strong position to cope with the physical demands they are going to have to endure when they are being bumped from pillar to post, they are going to have to become a very demanding series too race in too.

If the organisers are to put the drivers in a strong position to cope with the physical demands they are going to have to endure when they are being bumped from pillar to post, they are going to have to become a very demanding series too race in too.

Well - Renault don't actually care about the progression of the drivers too much - certainly not at the moment anyway when they're just trying to keep their heads above water in terms of numbers on the grid. They will be worried that more damage = people running out of money so they are being strong on contact - however daft it seems. To be honest it feels suspiciously like a closing down championship.

However - try explaining this all to a sponsor who has got on board to see their man deliver some entertainment. :confused:

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
That's a shame. It's become a shadow of what it used to be from 2000-2006. You have to wonder what happened to the 50+ drivers and cars who registered in 2007. Did they suffer from the too much damage = no money problem?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members