Will anyone miss their Cupra's when they sell up?

ste-lfc

Jul 7, 2005
cheshire
I am still happy with the cupra,but have had itchy car keys lately and have been looking at other cars and will most likely go for a 335d m sport next....but i plan to keep the cupra until next year unless it has any problems...

wayne lcr

bored of it now
Mar 5, 2009
doncaster
yea to rite i would miss my lcr ive had it 4 years still got it and still got big plans for it as well.id rather sell me kidney then sell me car

gooseuk

thanks mate i feel a whole lot better now :(
well im sure you will all find out soon how crap seats garages and customer care really is , shame i found out in the first month of ownership and 2 years later they still cant fix it !

Since owning my seat fr. I took it once to seat dealers in chesterfield. It went in twice for its last service over its 3 year period and other time was for some warrenty work.

And my god that place is so S***. I waited 6 hours after they kept telling me only be 2 hours etc. So i agree at least with that brance seat service is rubbish.

At least for me jbs aint to far from there lol.

RickyD1975

Audi A6 2.0TDI 170 S-Line
Jan 2, 2008
North East
Some good comments posted. Some are postive and some are negative.

I'm seriously thinking about going down the PCP Finance route as I will be able to get a more expensive car.

The list of the contenders are:-

1) Audi B8 2.0T S-Line 2wd or Quattro
2) Audi A5 2.0T Sport or S-Line
3) Audi S5, 2008 model
4) BMW E90 325i, 325d, 330i, 330d, 335i, 335d all M-Sport models
5) Mercedes Benz C350CDI Sport

There are others which I'm uncertain of like:

1) Mitsubishi EVO X 330, 360
2) VW Golf R
3) VW Scirocco R

I appreciate that I will have to test drive most or all of them. As there is a very wide range of choices, my head is finding it very hard to make the right choice.

Many Thanks

RickyD

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Looks like you've a nice list of possibles there :)

The easy option would be to follow suit like I did with the BBS CK's and go for a 330d like yours LOL.

I bet you find the BM a totally different drive to the FR. I noticed when a changed from a MKIV Golf to an E46 330d SE that the steering was fantastic with the BM being rear wheel drive. The engine also revved like a petrol and was pretty quick in 184bhp form.

To be fair, I don't really need a diesel and would pick the S5 V8 if a can pick up a low mileage 2008 model.

Cheers

RickyD

RickyD1975

Jan 2, 2008
North East
Buy the Evo X, get it mapped and it will blow the rest of that list out of the water ;)

It's not all about power though is it:D:D I do love the Evo's and have always been a fan of them even when I had my Classic Impreza Turbo I lusted after them.

I've never driven one, so let's see what happens. However for the same sort of money I could buy a very nice Premium Marque car.

Decisions, Decisions

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Buy the Evo X, get it mapped and it will blow the rest of that list out of the water ;)

Not strictly true. On the move, Golf/Leon/Scirocco with similar power will be faster in a straight line.

What an Evo would do however is get from A to B faster than them all ;)

Poverty

evo 8 or 9 on maxxed out stock turbo will leave a maxxed out k04 behind in the straights, twisties, wet, standing starts, roll ons etc.

Shame the evo X maxes out at 400hp and is a portly mother.

S5, 335i, 335d, S4 are the cars I would be looking at if your after premium.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
evo 8 or 9 on maxxed out stock turbo will leave a maxxed out k04 behind in the straights,

Maybe they would leave yours bud.

Remember they lose a lot of power to the road and they weigh more. In any case, even if it did, it wouldnt last 5 minutes ;) (info from an Evo tuner)

Sep 5, 2009
Midlands
I thought it was the scoobies with the chocolate engines!! Agree with poverty on the S5 it would make an awesome motor with a few mods, bit pricey at the moment tho.

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
you would also spend more time in the petrol station or having the car serviced than actually driving it.
my old s40 volvo remapped used to kill scoobies on the move , the look on theoir faces was classic.

i wouldnt rush into anything if i have ur money
but i would look at the 3 series diesls 330d or 335d if fuel was an issue.

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
I thought it was the scoobies with the chocolate engines!! Agree with poverty on the S5 it would make an awesome motor with a few mods, bit pricey at the moment tho.

Disagree completley the S5 is pants for modding and is a barge id more than fancy my chances against one.

The new S4 on the other hand would be epic especially when mapped, and would leave the rest of them including the EVO X and 335i when stage for stage.

Last edited:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Disagree completley the S5 is pants for modding and is a barge id more than fancy my chances against one.

The new S4 on the other hand would be epic especially when mapped, and would leave the rest of them including the EVO X and 335i when stage for stage.

Yeah I would agree with that although the S4 would have its arse handed to it on the bends by the BMW and Evo.

Poverty

Yeah I would agree with that although the S4 would have its arse handed to it on the bends by the BMW and Evo.

I would have to disagree, old s4 yes, new s4 no way. New S4 handles better than the b7 rs4 due to it coming with a sport differential, and its beaten the 335i in all reviews, and gets better track times too.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I would have to disagree, old s4 yes, new s4 no way. New S4 handles better than the b7 rs4 due to it coming with a sport differential, and its beaten the 335i in all reviews, and gets better track times too.

Interesting. I have driven both, and preferred the BMW.