Shaun VW Passat Wagon - Project over

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiebennett81

Well I have finally decided on a design and plans to come for the car

Engine covers are going to be sprayed in a gloss/pearl white with real carbon pieces dotted around the engine bay (with some help from DK :D)

Set of Eibach lowering springs are going to be fitted. I dont want any silly coilovers or the car to be difficult to drive with the road conditions, so a simple lowering of 30mm maximum and thats it, which will actually improve the comfort ride as it wont be so wallowy over the road

Hopefully I can win a set of 17" TT comps I am looking at on Ebay at the moment

roof rails are going, and the roof is going to be wrapped in a gloss black vinyl along with the mirrors as well to match and the rear is to be de-wipered

Grill is going to be replaced with a debadged version

Tints are coming next year

selection of appropriate stickers to come of course

bang goes the OEM theme:cartman:

however most are reasonably priced mods and no silly manifolds or turbos to crack etc.

Purely cosmetic stuff and leaving the reliability of the car well alone

So far she has had a STG1 Revo remap, which is great. Bit more punch to the car and it has added around another 50-100 miles extra per tank (pending how heavy my right foot is, but if I drive sensibly)

watch this space.....;)

Last edited by a moderator:

jamiebennett81

Re: Volkswagen Passat Estate TDI Sport - Revo'd and with Plans....

traumapat said:
Welcome back

Thanks mate :)

Sorry these are not from a TT. They are from a different model Audi but are a genuine 5x112 and are the exact same design as the comps

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Looking forward to end result Tony. Good job so far ^^

Am I wrong or you can actually buy TDI Passat for less money than TDI Leon? #

Last edited:

jamiebennett81

greesha said:
Looking forward to end result Tony. Good job so far ^^

Am I wrong or you can actually buy TDI Passat for less money than TDI Leon? #

To be honest I don't actually know. I never looked at the TDI leons as I wanted something much bigger. I would choose to buy an older slightly higher mileage Passat over a Leon TDI though. No offence to Seats, I love them to bits as you all know and the passat suited my criteria much better and the build quality is a little more solid than the Leon but it depends if you are willing to buy an older passat for the same price as a newer Leon. The passat IMO are a but better in terms of work horses of cars and I would have chosen the Leon but they don't come in an estate version

Call me a sheep for following the scene but for the money I had to buy a car out right and my very specific criteria, the passat ticked every box, and unfortunately the Leon or Seat models didn't...otherwise I would have stuck with the Seat brand :)

jamiebennett81

cus said:
sometimes wish i got an estate instead of the b5 saloon! good choice with lots of potential :D

To be honest I could have ended up with a saloon, it was just a very lucky find indeed and it was literally 5 mins from where I lived so had to snap it up

Visually I think the lines of the estate suit mods a little better, but seen some awesome looking saloon passats on the UK passat forum! Loads of inspiration on there :D

brightsideteeem

I'm not like you guys...
nice plans mate, kinda makes me think i should of got a b5.5 instead of b6 :doh:
I got mine a few month's ago and still deciding what to do with it. Lol
Remap and tints are definately on the cards though. How dark are you planning to go with your tints?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Good to see you today Tone - just wanted to mention that if you want legal pressed plates you can get them at Tuningwerkes in Croydon without posting your docs off, they just take a copy of them and its all gravy, they're proper Dubmeister plates too, had them on my LCR. I know you wont want to spend money on them since you just got them but they are cheaper than the ticket you'll get for those German ones.

Plans for the 'ssat look good mate, so much for keeping it standard, but as said above good to have you back!

jamiebennett81

Well I am having second thoughts about the tints at the moment

Because I am getting a black vinyl roof, and coupled with the tints it may be too bigger concentrated area of black and the roof won't stand out as much then. I will see

The rear windows are already slightly factory tinted anyway

If I do get the tints then it will be one down from limo tint

Yeah good to see you today as well Martin! Loving that polo, looking absolutely mint....alot of dollar already spent on that lol! I think you should get it machine polished next

Thanks for the tip I will pop to tuninwerkes in the week then to get those sorted

Oh and I have just won the genuine Audi 17" comps. Come off an Audi A8 and are quite rare

Now I just need to decide on a colour for them. I don't want polished. I thought about pearlescent White but I don't think this will work either. They will only come out for meets and show season so could be a bit of a crazy colour....

Any ideas?

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
These the wheels you have mate?

4doorir5.jpg

jamiebennett81

adam cupra 20vt said:
These the wheels you have mate?

4doorir5.jpg

Yes those are the ones mate. Look like comps but seem to be slightly different. In that picture they look like a compressed version of an RS6 wheel

jamiebennett81

brightsideteeem said:
Arnt they know'n as Audi "Fat fives" or something like that. Either way they look very smart.

No idea mate. I don't see them about very much and seem rare ish? Or maybe it's just me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.