SEAT Bluetooth Compatability List

philofsurrey

Anyone seen this BT problem? Got an LG GM750 and RNS510 on Leon. Connects fine except there is no "Back" option in the menus, so - if you select phone on the speedo display, you're in there for keeps (or till you switch off) likewise if you go into the phonebook -which loads up fine - you can't get out again...
Any experience or cure?
Cheers

LeonMunkee

Jan 5, 2008
Reading, Berkshire
What happens if you just hold 'up' or 'down' on the end of the right-hand stalk? That goes back to the MFD selection menu on mine when I'm in the phone menu or phonebook. (Using either BlackBerry Storm 9500 or HTC Desire)

Marshall

Jul 7, 2008
Bonnie Scotland
Can you not use your end call button on the steering wheel? On mine I usually use the hang up button and this knocks me back one page of my phone menu.

philofsurrey

What happens if you just hold 'up' or 'down' on the end of the right-hand stalk? That goes back to the MFD selection menu on mine when I'm in the phone menu or phonebook. (Using either BlackBerry Storm 9500 or HTC Desire)

Der! Thanks guys, you wouldn't believe I work in IT would you? Both of the above work fine - just to make sure that I shouldn't check into the farm, I paired up my trusty Nokia 6300 work phone which does indeed give me a "back" option on the menu, which the LG doesn't, but no matter!

I can confirm that an LG GM750 works fine and dandy - phone book and all of the call stacks load up. Just get used to using the "hang up" button on the steering wheel more!

Cheers again :clap:

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
For the Nokia N900 users

this requires a bit of patience

first download this 3 files in your mobile and save them in the documents folder so this guide is as easy to follow as possible

Openobex 1.5-2 libraries: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool....5-2_armel.deb
Openobex 1.5-2 apps: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool....5-2_armel.deb
Attached obexd: http://forums.internettablettalk.com...1&d=1278357528

after you get those open xterminal

first: sudo gainroot
second: cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents
third: dpkg -i libopenobex1_1.5-2_armel.deb
fourth: dpkg -i openobex-apps_1.5-2_armel.deb
fifth: dpkg -i obexd_0.28-0maemo3_armel.deb
sixth: reboot

test and report back and thanks to drew from maemo to try this out and explain how the hell to make it work

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
For the Nokia N900 users

this requires a bit of patience

first download this 3 files in your mobile and save them in the documents folder so this guide is as easy to follow as possible

Openobex 1.5-2 libraries: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool....5-2_armel.deb
Openobex 1.5-2 apps: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool....5-2_armel.deb
Attached obexd: http://forums.internettablettalk.com...1&d=1278357528

after you get those open xterminal

first: sudo gainroot
second: cd /home/user/MyDocs/.documents
third: dpkg -i libopenobex1_1.5-2_armel.deb
fourth: dpkg -i openobex-apps_1.5-2_armel.deb
fifth: dpkg -i obexd_0.28-0maemo3_armel.deb
sixth: reboot

test and report back and thanks to drew from maemo to try this out and explain how the hell to make it work

Just tried to download the three files mate, but they weren't found?

I'd love for my N900 to fully connect, but if I can't get it to work it's no biggie, still love it.

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
which year is your leon ?

you have to reboot

try also to remove the link you currently have with the car

try to pair make a call turn off the car and turn it on again and wait some time to see if it sends the contacts, the pbap code is yet experimental thats why sometimes works sometimes it doesnt.

any other update i will post it here for the N900 users

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
which year is your leon ?

you have to reboot

try also to remove the link you currently have with the car

try to pair make a call turn off the car and turn it on again and wait some time to see if it sends the contacts, the pbap code is yet experimental thats why sometimes works sometimes it doesnt.

any other update i will post it here for the N900 users

Car's a 2007 mate.

I did try repairing and it did show a message "please wait" I thought we'd cracked it and the phonebook was being transferred, but unfortunately when this message cleared and I tried the phonebook, it was empty.

I will try a few different combinations like you suggest mate.

Cheers

olip74

Sep 24, 2009
Edinburgh
@PhildFR have you tried all the power saving options, such as here:

http://www.brighthub.com/mobile/google-android/articles/47410.aspx

That article is for the Hero but prob much the same as the Legend!

Since the upgrade to Android 2.1 my BT has had the weirdest issue with my Hero. If I have a picture associated with any of my contacts the phone book doesn't display the name of that contact in the car, instead it displays the first (alphabetical) number at the top of the stack like so:

+44131*******
+447*********
Case, Justin
Dwyer, Barb
Still, Stan

The only solution is to delete the picture, which makes the People widget look proper ****. Anyone experienced this or found a fix? I wondered if a firmware upgrade for the head unit might resolve it.

Costantino

Samsung Galaxy S

Hi,

anybody tried to pair the Samsung Galaxy S with the car's bluetooth?? I am considering of buying one, but if won't work with the car, it would be a big letdown.
My car is pre facelift, model year 2006. Can someone tell if the galaxy connects to the car AND you can see the phonebook plus all call stacks in the MFD??

Thanx

Constantino

Luffer

May 2, 2009
I just bought a Leon 1.9 TDi Stylance '06, will this have bluetooth compatibility? I didn't think to check that on the test drive and I can't see it listed is the features & extras. Not the end of the world if it doesn't, but would be a nice little bonus I wasn't expecting!

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Like above has anybody Paired the Galaxy S yet?

I read on a Review of the Galaxy s that somebody had wrote that it connects to the "Skoda premium" Bluetooth kit

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S works with SEAT Bluetooth

but..........

It doesn't Auto connect like my iPhone did :cry:

I can confirm the Samsung Galaxy S works with SEAT Bluetooth
but..........
It doesn't Auto connect like my iPhone did :cry:
Are you sure there isn't an option in the phone's Bluetooth settings to allow auto connections for the SEAT pairing? Try looking under 'paired device options' or summat like that. I seem to recall I had to enable that before my Nokia 6300 would connect automatically...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.