Disappointing BHP after Remap

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
We need to see a graph and some logs, that's a low figure alright but as mentioned before heat soak will have a big impact, Look at it this way though, it made 197bhp on a bloody hot day and then 228bhp after the remap, an increase of 33bhp, so if you went in on a normal day you probably would have made in the region of 220bhp so add 33bhp to that and your not far off, it just a guesstimate of course but you get the idea, I avoid RR's in the summer for this reason, also regarding the adaptations mine always take a few weeks before I notice a difference.

Another factor people overlook is not how much power it made but more over how it delivers it, my first stage 1 map supposedly made more than my stage2, but the stage 1 was just a big peak and no much more happened after that, stage 2 makes the power and keeps it longer so don't get to hung up on peak figures unless you are looking for bragging rights that is, its all about the delivery and the driveability IMO.
What type of RR was it?

Last edited:

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Has anyone concidered MAF sensors ?

i know heat takes its toll but these are big losses.

Have you got a copy of the graph?

I'll wager it peaks the torque, then flatlines the power from about 4000rpm?

If so... it could well be your MAF, or given the weather heatsoak (but normally this is overcome with the fans etc)

My money would be on the MAF though

:whistle:

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
i ran a std 225 lcr yesterday, in 26'c temps, and logged its aits on its twin sidemounts... horrible temps in the mid 50'c region when running power runs..
that said, its std power varied between 223-230bhp depending on heatsoak

as a gauge.,, logged mass airflow and saw 178g/s
1.25 x airflow gets 222.5bhp, so to me its about right figures

:)

KupraKid

Dec 13, 2008
Ramsgate, Kent
Thanks very much all for your comments and input, really appreciated, seems the figures are not as bad as I thought considering the heat and what not.

However, car is due its service, so will get them to check the MAF whilst its in (cheers Mork & Lodgey) and replace if necessary. And being main dealers I am sure they will insist its done and I will have to remorgage my house to pay for it.

Rsmith: You are right mate, can't forget the fact i still gained 30bhp...not quite sure what RR it was, its the one at AMD.

LESSON LEARNED - Next time make sure you get the figures BEFORE you brag on Facebook about soon having a "265bhp Evo Slaying monster"....

Last edited:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Despite the temps that is still pretty low, my Cupra made more BHP and torque then that in same temperatures recently even tho I was down on previous results due to heat.

Aug 5, 2008
thought I better reply to this :)

It was very hot yesterday and very humid. So this won't have helped the figures. The car was down as standard at around 195 but nothing was obviously wrong and it drove as it should on the road. If you look at the actual figure gains it is not far off.

The car needs to adapt, this is the case after any re-map, this is what we were explaining to the customer not that the coils need bedding in.

We did check the MAF reading, as with all cars we start with data logging and fault code checks and do the same after a re-map. Then advise if there is an issue. In this instance coil packs went down but there was no other faults with the car at the time. We even went as far as boost leak checking the car.

Last edited:

Harris.

Apr 5, 2010
Essex Bruv
thought I better reply to this :)

It was very hot yesterday and very humid. So this won't have helped the figures. The car was down as standard at around 195 but nothing was obviously wrong and it drove as it should on the road. If you look at the actual figure gains it is not far off.

The car needs to adapt, this is the case after any re-map, this is what we were explaining to the customer not that the coils need bedding in.

We did check the MAF reading, as with all cars we start with data logging and fault code checks and do the same after a re-map. Then advise if there is an issue. In this instance coil packs went down but there was no other faults with the car at the time. We even went as far as boost leak checking the car.

exactly what was said to me too :) to be honest I know my maf is fine as I replaced it a couple of weeks ago, but to me my car drives completely different and I love it. I couldn't really care what a peice of paper says, it's the driving experience that's changed for me. So thanks AMD :)

kes205

LESSON LEARNED - Next time make sure you get the figures BEFORE you brag on Facebook about soon having a "265bhp Evo Slaying monster"....

228 bhp evo slaying monster!!! :bleh:

well maybe if i disconnected the turbo fernando. :p

JamJay

California Bound
I wouldn't worry too much right now, get some logs done if you can and see if your MAF Sensor is reading as it should. On a hot day with a rubbish air filter setup (IMO), mine made 245bhp/275lb-ft and on a cooler day with a larger JETEX filter made 268bhp/299lb-ft. This is Stage 1 210 LCR.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members