FR TDI (170) - BTCC or not BTCC??

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
I had a Bluefin unit from my previous Golf GTI, luckily this was reset for free as it was less than a Year old.

This was my first job on car, did me give me another 30 horses and a bag more torque.

You will only get huge gains if you remove the DPF though.

Havent planned on this one just yet.

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
You will end up spending regardless.

There is always something that catches your eye that will compliment the car.

I am now in the midst of sorting the audio out.

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
You will end up spending regardless.

There is always something that catches your eye that will compliment the car.

I am now in the midst of sorting the audio out.

Yeah I know what you mean, but if I don't get one with a body kit, I will never save up the dosh to get one fitted.... I will find one :)

I had a 140 stylance last time, so want the FR this time.

John007

Apr 17, 2005
Cambs
Have seen a few 140's about with the kit on,

Just an expensive 2k after market fit if you find one without.

Best to find one that somebody else has paid the premium.

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
Have seen a few 140's about with the kit on,

Just an expensive 2k after market fit if you find one without.

Best to find one that somebody else has paid the premium.

Yeah I don't want to pay that price if I can help it, it needs black wheels too.

Sorry to hijack this thread.....

graham463

Apr 12, 2010
tewkesbury
Welcome onboard Nick, you certainly WILL get best of both worlds with the SEAT Leon FR (TDi 170).
This is what I own, excellent performance (considering its a Diesel) and returning over 500 miles per tank of fuel, at 50+ mpg !!

You will comfortably find an 07+ 170 TDi FR around the price range that you specify, with a similar mileage. Also note that cars with the optional Bluetooth package, also feature a larger multi-function dashboard display - something to look out for. ;)

You can still Remap this car, and comfortably see over 200bhp (and importantly a large increase in Torque) at a reasonable cost, should you go down this route.

I'm not aware of the FR coming with the (BTCC) Aero Kit, however this may have changed with the current "facelift" Mk2 Leon FR (Diesel), which also see's a Paddle Shift gearbox as an option.

As stated previously, some fit the BTCC Kit side skirts and rear spoiler to the FR, which is a great addition - depends how far you want to take that look ! :)

mpg is rubbish can only get 39.9 on a long run they eat diesel but they good fun and fast kept up with an evo last weekend then he bottled it :funk:

jordanogrady

Sep 29, 2008
is it like mine?(see my pic album....
fl FR 170 tdi dsg with full aerokit? mine has a shave over 2000 miles on it now and im really enjoying. dsg is so nice to live with on a dily basis.

enjoy

Nice car mate! One will be mine.............

john-e-big-guns

john-e-big-guns
Mar 29, 2010
Lancshire
www.flickr.com
is it like mine?(see my pic album....
fl FR 170 tdi dsg with full aerokit? mine has a shave over 2000 miles on it now and im really enjoying. dsg is so nice to live with on a dily basis.

enjoy

Same spec but with a double exhurst...bought a TDI 140 with BTCC April 06 had it 4yrs...then part/x for a Boc April this year..lovely little motor had some fun with it ...but the down-size was a mistake...thought I'd get use to it but bit too small so I had to go back to the Leon FR with the kit..... but had to have the DSG/box

vt-marty

Manual is for Peasants
Nov 21, 2007
Marske by the Sea
..... but had to have the DSG/box

my mind was made up when VAG gave the leon the dsg WITH paddles on the facelifts...AFAIK the pre fl only got the dsg on the stick...wots the point in that, might as well think of it as an old school auto...

dont get me wrong i dont use the paddles all the time but on spirited runs they make sense...

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.