BSH DV KIT for BWA engines

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
well 6 months ago i bought from phil and Ivan the evoms intake with the BSH DV Kit, when i got home from Florida USA to Venezuela i found the horrible truth, my engine was BWA not BPY so no noise pipe for me.

after some months searching buying and importing all the parts (noise pipe boost pipe and other bits) and getting the time from university, today i went to my friend house and Seat boss mechanic to install de BSH DV kit as my DV died the friday in the night.

I must say if you have a BPY engine this install must be very easy, for us the only problem in the Seat Leon was the stock DV and the upper allen screw that was a nightmare to remove the *******.

first we removed the tray below the car to get to the boost pipe there are two bolts one in the bottom and one in the top they are pretty easy to remove with a slim ratchet after you take the boost pipe replace it with the new one from the BPY engine you will have a hole where you can put the DV, after that put your intake with the BSH MAF elbow (refer to intake instructions to install this part) in the front of the vehicle near the a/c pipe you will see in the bottom 2 screws, there goes the base for the noise pipe, remove the original base and put the new one which is larger to bolt the noise pipe put the noise in place bolt it and you are almost done, then you need the BSH V TWIN to source the vacuum line, is pretty easy and neat to do, after you have vacuum and every thing bolted in the engine go below the car to remove the original DV and block it, then you are done.

my impressions:

quality of the kit is A++ everything is perfect, it looks hot it sound pretty nice it isnt loud at all the kit has everything you will need the fit and finish was awesome all the parts are quality parts my mechanic was in love with the V TWIN solution.

the kit makes a difference it holds a lot better the boost, when you open the hood you see the massive DV, but even if you see the monster forge valve it looks pretty nice and stock i think all 2.0tfsi should have this kit.

do i recommend this kit 1000% yes, do i recommend this kit for the BWA engine depends the stock locations forge isnt bad but if you want something that holds a turbo upgrade and it looks totally different i would say go for it, its worth every penny in my book.

thanks again Phil Ivan for the great costumer service for every bit of help you guys gave me and to develop such an amazing product.

now some pics to make this thread worthwhile (sorry for the crappy pics was taken with my mobile phone)

trying to figure out the way everything had to be put together.

0170858296qz1.jpg

By leviathan18, shot with CYBERSHOT at 2008-09-11

boost pipe removed

191020080905222687eq1.jpg

By leviathan18, shot with N82 at 2008-10-19

placing the BSH MAF elbow

191020080965274696ok4.jpg

testing noise pipe place

191020080925236184uv4.jpg

the base of the noise pipe installed

191020080955264275sb4.jpg

placing the V TWIN

191020080975285794oq5.jpg

finishing the install in the engine

191020080985295125gl6.jpg

blown stock DV

191020081035309426er2.jpg

finished work

191020081045317466km3.jpg

191020081055329218hb0.jpg

i hope all bwa engine owner find this little guide useful, and get this mod as it is wonderful, my favorite mod i have done to my car.

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
Im pretty sure no SEATs have the BPY engine! :)

nice write up though.

Im not clear though on what the advantage of this is over the forge DV?

That works with k03's and k04's.

Last edited:

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
Im pretty sure no SEATs have the BPY engine! :)

nice write up though.

yep no seat or audi has the BPY, but i didnt know the BWA didnt have the noise pipe until i looked into the engine bay to install the DV kit lol

anyway this is a kit for the guy that plans to upgrade also the turbo like something from atp :whistle:

DanGB

Who need's a Diesel....
Feb 12, 2006
London
oops lol :)

OK I thought a BT setup would use a different design of DV altogether though. Im not entirely sure what the setup on the APR stage 3 though, although they did need to use a Standard DV in it :confused:

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
oops lol :)

OK I thought a BT setup would use a different design of DV altogether though. Im not entirely sure what the setup on the APR stage 3 though, although they did need to use a Standard DV in it :confused:

the APR uses a similar layout afaik but if you go apr you just save yourself buying any mod until you go stage 3 almost every mod we can do to the car is covered by the kit, unless you get their intercooler and their hpfp as mods so you can save some bucks.

but if you are planing to go BT cheaper REVO + ATP GT3071 are a good choice this kit will work with almost any intake in the market and you will have a real DV to hold the boost

punkuras

hi leviathan 18 do u speak spanish? i have a question for u tanks

punkuras

que tal mi nombre es juan soy de mexico te acabo de escribir por tu canal de you tube si que eres rapido!!!! jajajaj mira tengo una duda tengo un seat leon sport up motor 2.0tfsi bwa queiro comprar el kit bsh que trae la valvula forge intake y lo demas, la verdad no entiendo muy bien el ingles pero por lo que entendi tengo que comprar algo mas para que le quede ya que este no trae resonador? gracias por tu ayuda !!

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
si tienes que comprar el tubo que va del intercooler al cuerpo de aceleracion del golf gti o bsh vende uno nuevo que esta muy bueno y viene con la goma que agarra el cuerpo de aceleracion en silicone

despues tienes que compra el noise pipe del gti es ese tubo raro que ves en las fotos que va del intake a la valvula forge la base donde se agarra ese tubo y aparte la pieza de goma que lleva ese tubo que se conecta a la pared de fuego en el gti que aqui se usa para conectar la DV

asi que necesitas el boost pipe (el que sube del intercooler al cuerpo de aceleracion del gti o de bsh) y el noise pipe (del gti) la base del noise pipe y sus respectivos tornillos (ve a un dealer vw y que te ayuden con las piezas) y el tubo de goma que se conecta del noise pipe a la caja resonadora que esta en la pared de fuego este tubo de goma tiene como un conector de metal.

espero haber sido de ayuda

punkuras

muy buena tu ayuda , otra pregunta , venden la valvula forge para este tipo de motor? que me recomiendas instalar un intake y una valvula para este motor o montar el kit bsh como el que tienes?

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
si el reemplazo original hecho por forge si lo venden y por costo y facilidad la forge reemplazo original mas un intake cualquiera es lo mas sano

ahora yo solo cambiaria la valvula y la pcv y reprogramaria antes de gastar 3000 pesos en un intake de hecho haria downpipe pcv valvula reprogramacion antes del intake

punkuras

ok amigo entonces te pareceria esto

pcv es la recircularizacion de los vapores correcto bsh?
valvula forge para motor bwa ?
ya habia pensado en la repro en mi pais hay las siguientes no se cual veas mejor giac o unitronic?
dow pipe es la que baja del turbo al escape correcto?
y despues el intake, ahora el carro segun factura trae 185 hps cuanto cres que suba con estas modificaciones? grax!!!!

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
en mexico no hay revo ni apr ? si no hay revo ni apr entonces unitronic o giac la que te quede mas cerca las 4 marcas son excelentes pero cada quien tiene su preferencia yo lo haria en el taller donde tengas mas confianza y lo tengas mas a la mano

valvula forge del bwa correcto

pcv recircula vapores correcto ( la de 99$ es la mas recomendable)

downpipe es el tubo de escape que baja del turbo correcto y la atp de 400$ es una de las mejores compras

segun mis conocimientos ese es identico al de 200hp que yo tengo pero detuneado de fabrica con todo eso deberias andar por 250 o 260 jejeje

punkuras

mi estimado estaba leyendo ahora me recomiendas el kit bsh que anula la pcv ? o el que trae el catch can?

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas

punkuras

sorry every body i have a few questions but mi english is poor sorry to batter you the question i have for levithan is what think about if i buy BSH Street Catch Can or just the PCV Fixes becose he recomended for estage 1 i have a seat leon 2.0 tfsi 185 hp an i want to start to modificate the hps to change pcv, dv, and reprogam , thanks and sorry any way wat do u think?

leviathan18

Jan 30, 2007
Venezuela, Caracas
depende de cuantos pesos tengas yo haria las modificaciones de esta manera

forge valve (2.0tfsi)
bsh pcv

con esos dos te curas en salud, porque son las piezas que se dañan mas facilmente con la repro

reflash (el que quieras la verdad las 4 marcas son buenas la que tengas mas cerca y la que veas que el dealer es una persona que sabe)

downpipe atp (o cualquiera sin catalizador que consigas barato) (con esto puedes ir stage II)

y de ultimo el intake (el mas barato tambien al menos que quieras alguno llamativo a la vista)

creo que es la mejor recomendacion que te puedo dar

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise