IDLES HIGHER WITH NEW MAF for about a min or 2

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
Fitted my new maf and the car seems to idle at about 1200rpm for about a minute or 2, guess this is just the automatic coke and is normal yeah? After about a minute drops to around 800.
My car has always ticked over at about 800 since i got it, but the maf was ****ed, so this is all good yeah?

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah when i first start the car up in the morning, (when its cold) idles at 1200 for around a minute, then drops back.
If its warm or ive been out for a drive, then come back to my car it just idles at around 800 as normal.
Guessing the reason why it never idled higher from start before was the maf then yeah

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
Thanks for the reply mate, yeah when i first start the car up in the morning, (when its cold) idles at 1200 for around a minute, then drops back.
If its warm or ive been out for a drive, then come back to my car it just idles at around 800 as normal.
Guessing the reason why it never idled higher from start before was the maf then yeah

Mines started doing the same thing since i fixed the other problem.

Last edited:

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
If you were to put ur foot down when the automatic choke thing was doing its thing does your car try to boost like normal? Or just feel flat?

Last edited:

TJP

Nov 24, 2009
To be honest mate i never boost my car untill the engine temp reaches the half way mark. (warmed up fully)
The reason why it didnt do it before must be because the old maf was ****ed and was giving incorrect airflow. With a brand new maf its all fine

venner

Drives Ibiza Cupra T
Apr 21, 2009
Near Bristol
I don't boost mine straight away either but it just feels flat when the revs are doing this thing. I never changed my maf either so can't work out why it didn't do this b4. Only thing I did was clean the airfilter and also replaced the lander sensor before noticing it was just the charge pipe that had popped off.

Edit: Just remembered i changed 2 Vac hoses i had missed when i changed all the others and they looked quite bad so this might have had a leak stopping the auto choke working correctly and along with the lander sensor now working aswell.

So im happy that my car is fine now.

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.