Differences in de cat pipe?

welchy

So scorpion de cat pipes, around £100 all in, is there any need, surely ill breathe a bit better with one on, are there any bhp increases. Ive got an lcr, mods so far are forge 007p and tip, pipercross panel filter and thats it so far...

Views?

SalSheikh

Under the Hood
Sep 2, 2009
Midlands, UK
if you remove your cat, the lambda sensor will think your car is running too high emissions and the eml light wil come out. if you have the rear lambda sensor mapped out by a tuner then this wont happen.

Welchy, depending on your car, why dont you get the downpipe kit for £90 delivered from Belgium (if yours is the Cupra). comes with decat pipe. i have one fitted to mine and remove the decat and had the downpipe mated to oem cat.

welchy

I've got the leon cupra r 210 bam i think, well i know its an lcr just not which engine... So the lambda will be the problem giving dodgy readings i guess, its got the input on it for a lambda sensor, does that just get blanked?Is there any point going for it or is it better to spend the hard earned elsewhere?

cheers again!

Welchy

Murdered LCR

Wide mouthed mofo
Sep 9, 2006
Murder Inc.
Look on you engine under the cover bottom left, if it's 210 it won't be bam there 225 ,. They help spool the turbo up a tad quicker won't really notice a huge difference with out a full cat back exhaust

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i have the scorpion decat on my car, turbo spools quicker, more low end grunt and sounds awsome, the only thing with a decat, its more difficult to drive off boost for fuel runs. but i love mine, cant go wrong for £100. also come mot time its a easy swap for the cat.

Moshymosh

Mar 2, 2010
Poole, Dorset
im really looking into a decat atm but i still dont get what i have to do with the sensor how am i ment to space it out move it furthr to the back ? can anyone show me what a normal one looks like in place asaposed to the spaced one ?
thanks
Adam

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol

this is the spacer i have and works perfectly, never had the eml on since this was fitted. note on this pic the spacer is facing the wrong way, google image job and not mine :)

Last edited:

sambryant

RoadRunner meep meep
Mar 26, 2009
Bristol
i dont think so m8, dan also bought 5 from usa, im pretty sure he sold them straight away. wayne buy it from the link.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.