What shall i do? LCR p/x for Nissan 200sx?

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Lol cheers guys. Na that's on stabdard car but ill get the long list insured I guess haha. R33f how reliable would you say these cars are? Expensive to fix? Parts cheap? Its my first jap car if I get it and I said I would never go jap but here I am eating my words lol

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
reliability wise, they are pretty much the same as the LC/LCR, parts are cheap enough, as expensive as ANY turbo car to fix, all turbo'd car's are expensive to run / maintain, finding a good one is hard, earlier ones are prone to rust

The car your looking at has had some serious amounts of mods and money chucked at it, looks clean as fook, and if everything is working and set-up correctly, it will go like stink, it's a step forward in the right direction.

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
cheers all of you, ill let you know how it all goes saturday :D i actually cant wait, but again it all depends if he likes the LCR which so far he does :)

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
More like 200sex! car looks like a minter and the dude has obviously taken really good care of it and with the money he has spent I really doubt it will have any "problems" to speak of, do it mate I really can't see you losing out and when you come to sell it on you will get back what it's worth now more than likely.

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
I know the guy that used to own this :)

will see if i can get him on to give you some info, been in it, its fast, had loads of money spend on it buy the owner before him (mod on sxoc iirc Andy Faine).

it really is a mint car. will see if i can get him on!

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
I agree with ALL of the above! A mates a drifter and so has a fleet of S14a's and im actualy looking at getting a drift spec one for play time at the moment. Cupra for fast track times and clean lines, & the Silvia for some drifting which ive missed for a few yrs now!

:) GET IT! awesum spec, clean & tidy car mate!

antzleoncupra

Jun 24, 2009
Billericay
Cheers. He did say the previous owner before him was part of SX0C :) well as I say tomorroe is when I view it. But it would be nice to know what history it has. He did say its very quick but tomorrow will tell I guess.

My Bro used to have a 300BHP S13 200SX (CA18DET opposed to the SR20 in the S14A)

I had looked at S14a's before buying the LCR, he did warn that higher milage engines start to have bottom end wear - I notice this has done 117k mi! He was warning me off ones with 75k mi+ so perhaps take an old socket extension and try to listen to the block, see if there's any knocking.

CupraTurbo81

I love those things, drove one but never owned one but I intend too in the future. Completely different kind of animal to the cupra.

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Wow my old cAr. Personally I miss it but looking at the ph ad I would give me a call
The guy is missing a few things and it don't have a power fc

Mr OCD

May 1, 2008
Manchester, UK
just think if he wants to swap for your then yours must be better ;) but from a mates exsperience there not very reliable fast as foooook but like to break down alot

Sorry absolute rubbish... ;)

I've owned an S14a for several years... they are MEGA reliable... I did 50k miles in three years with mine which included a stupid amount of modification and it never let me down once...

I still regret selling mine ...

270-280bhp is easy to see for an outlay of a few hundred quid...

RUST is the biggest issue with these now though.

But the build quality on the Leon is leagues ahead...

ScoobyJawa

Achtung!
Oct 2, 2002
Liphook
Visit site
just think if he wants to swap for your then yours must be better ;) but from a mates exsperience there not very reliable fast as foooook but like to break down alot

I'm with OCD, having owned one and been in the scene this is utter garbage. One of the most reliable of the Jap rockets.

Isn't it funny how theres always someone with a mate who had one and it was rubbish with any car!

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
This is my old car and to be honest i really regret selling it!
It has been thrashed since i sold it but when i owned it it was one of the best around my far.
The thing about the bottom end is rubbish it all depends how well they are treated and looked after!