PhilW's Mk3 Ibiza Project Thread - 3071 - Now Breaking!

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Some silicone hoses
DSC05224.jpg

MAP sensor tube with extra 40mm take off for the SuperSize DV.
DSC05223.jpg

Quite large K&N filter. lol. Ideally i wanted a black or grey filter, but couldnt find a universal one so went for this, otherwise i would have used a JR filter.
DSC05219.jpg

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
Pics...

Inlet manifold, slight build up of paint towards the throttle body which you can see at certain angle, but im not professional sprayer so im really happy to how it turned out.

DSC05246.jpg

DSC05245.jpg

DSC05244.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

phil ive been after geting thig done my self looks fantastic ,i have all my bits ready to be done,i did not know that this can be done diy if you like....what did you use to do this mate?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks.

I used VHT Wrinkle Plus... https://www.burtonpower.com/product_main.aspx?dets_product.aspx?PGrp=90015&PSet=98

All you need to do is get the surface really clean and grease and dirt free, do 4 coats, one across, one down and one diagonally and one to finish, leaving 5 minutes between each coat, coats must be heavy but not enough to run. Then 5-10 mins after the final coat hit it with a heat gun til the wrinkle spreads.

No need for primer or anything special, the castings on the inlet and rocker are pretty smooth so just clean up and spray. Simples.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
i have a strut brace,inlet mani,rocker cover,and charge pipe all been in the degreaser and steam cleaned ready

how many cans did you use?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
One can so far to do the inlet and rocker cover. Still some left in it.

It covers 15 square foot so will easily do all your parts i reckon.

Key is heat within 5-10 mins of the last coat.

p34ch3y

tastefully modified
Oct 17, 2005
cambs
One can so far to do the inlet and rocker cover. Still some left in it.

It covers 15 square foot so will easily do all your parts i reckon.

Key is heat within 5-10 mins of the last coat.

looks so sweet mate realy dos,chrome i so old school now and its just such a pain in the ass to keep clean all the time ant it

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thanks.

In the 10 mins for fine weather last night i managed to refit the inlet, try out the MAP sensor tube and the inlet, didnt have time to trim the silicones but it all look very good and with minimal amount of work to fit them.

Hopefully on the home run now.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Managed to find some time to work on it today, mounted the fuel pump on the chassis leg using the P clip Alex @ Backdraft kindly sorted me out with.

Finished the inlet with a polished joiner i was missing and started doing the rest of the cooler pipework, very simple to do, just need to cut a few pipes with the chop saw tomorrow and finish that up.

Injectors installed also and the inlet mani torqued down nicely.

Coming along nicely now.

With cutting the diagonal bars the bumper is increasingly difficult to shut as the catch isnt as solid as before. So im thinking about fittin aero catches to the bonnet which will also help clear some room for an oil cooler which ive bought.