number plate size

Mar 25, 2008
Perfectly legal providing they have the postcode and bsau thing on them.

I got mines made at craigsplates.com and opted for non legal ones without the post code.

Been stopped 4 times, by 3 different forces(reasons not to do with the plates), none have mentioned them....appart from one...who said they aint going to kill anyone so whats the point in fineing me + he said my leon was beautiful and that he wishes he'd specc'd the kit on his haha. :D.

Mar 25, 2008
4545597601_f0e483f420_z.jpg

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
Character Height 64 mm
Character Width (except the figure 1 or letter I) 44 mm
Character stroke 10 mm
Space between characters 10 mm
Space between groups 30 mm
Top, bottom, and side margins (minimum) 11 mm
Space between vertical lines 13 mm

i've also got a 5 digit reg plate, ordered a standard plate then trimmed down so it had an 11mm boarder all round, not had any probs with the police or the MOT

http://
photosforwork004.jpg

Last edited:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
if its 5 letters then u can chop it down to the same as above and u'll have no problems.

as long as its uk letters ur good to go.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Yeah, just look at Rover 75s and Range Rovers that have the stoopid large rear plates, no actual limit to external size of the plate.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Whatever you do, lose the square plate - it looks hideous!

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
i've got the same as these.

As long as u stick to the UK size lettering, dont do stupid fonts, spacing etc then you will be fine.

i think you have to have 10 or 12mm around the outside of the plate so what gap you have at the top and bottom put that at the side and you will be fine

Deleted member 53697

just ordered some german pressed plates for mine.
hope i dont get stopped by the plod much :(

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
just ordered some german pressed plates for mine.
hope i dont get stopped by the plod much :(

Oh you will! They were goin through a phase of doing people up here for those. A lot of them doin the rounds arent even reflective, so stand out like a sore thumb to the cops.

Mar 25, 2008
My mate got pulled for the 'legal' dubmiester ones...then got a further £40 breech of the peace when he argued the toss LOL.

Personally german plates look schit.

mr.chris

Feb 13, 2010
Manchester, Urmston
i got pulled for mine last week. was only a matter of timetho as they were stupid font. previous owner put them on. i stupidly didnt changed them. still waiting for my fine to come threw wich he said was going to be 5 working days. its now been 7 or 8. anyway, i have changed the back one but when i took the front off i noticed a square reg plate would look perfect there. does anyone know if square reg's are ok if lettering is normal and normall spaces

Deleted member 53697

I'll suck it an see. There is another car round our area with German pressed plates that has had them on for the last 12 months (it's a Mk1 LCR actually).

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.