16795 VAG-COM Fault Code

Blucupra

Jan 1, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
I also have the 16795 errorcode. When I clear the code with VAG com it comes back after a short while. As mentioned in this topic I checked the vacuumhoses which can cause this error. Several vacuum hoses (braided ones) look dried out and need to be replaced.

Could anyone let me know which of the two pictures is causing the 16795 error?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/bluecupra/Bluecupra/IMAG01981.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/bluecupra/Bluecupra/IMAG01991.jpg

Thanks,

Jeffrey

mattdta

You need to fit new hoses there will be a leak, it needs to be air tight...

dan1990

Dec 1, 2009
Cannock
Yea you can put a resistor in the plug and remove the sai pump completley and fit a forge blanking plate. Save weight and get rid of the fault codes.

Blucupra

Jan 1, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
Yesterday I replaced several dried out vacuumhoses, today the 16795 error didn't return. Therefor I think the problem is solved. One vacuum hose had snapped causing the error. This vacuumhose was attached to the silver top behind the N75 and next to the airfilter hose. I don't know which part this actually is..

Great help this topic :D

Blucupra

Jan 1, 2003
Netherlands
Visit site
By the way, is it recommended to use hose clamps or do tie-wraps do for vacuum hoses? I will replace several more the coming time, when hose clamps are recommended I will have to get some more

mk3_cupra

I'm also getting the 16795 secondary air injection system: incorrect airflow detected 2 P0411 - 35-00 - - code. I cleared it and it's come back a week later. After reading this thread I've just gone to check and my vacuum pipe has completely frayed through. (the same one as pictured in post #22). I'm ordering a length of pipe from eBay and will let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully the code will reappear over the next few days before I replace the pipe.

mattdta

I'm also getting the 16795 secondary air injection system: incorrect airflow detected 2 P0411 - 35-00 - - code. I cleared it and it's come back a week later. After reading this thread I've just gone to check and my vacuum pipe has completely frayed through. (the same one as pictured in post #22). I'm ordering a length of pipe from eBay and will let everyone know how it goes. Hopefully the code will reappear over the next few days before I replace the pipe.

If you have ordered some coloured piping from ebay that will be no good... you need heat resistant hose due to it being so close to the engine, I made this mistake and it just left me with a mess that I had to clear up. Best thing to do is go to your local stealer or a place that will do OEM parts and buy some real vacuum hose.
I get all my OEM parts from a place in Milton Keynes, their number is 01908625000 and all the parts from there are at trade price so you dont get stung by the dealer adding their stupid charges on top.

mk3_cupra

I opted for black but it's the same type you're reffering to so I'm going to try cancel the order and take your advice and get the propper stuff. Just to be sure, I should be looking for 3mm id?

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
The proper silicon stuff is good I use it as do a lot of other people on here

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

mk3_cupra

So I'm a little confused ...
The stuff I've ordered is "Corrosion resistant and high temperature resistance, from -60 to +180 Deg C."
If anyone wants to take a look, this is the item number on ebay 290640027512

mk3_cupra

From the website:
"Operating temperature range of -60 to +180°C. Increased thickness for special applications and higher temperatures (250°C).
Silicone Hoses are regularly used in Formula 1, WRC cars and High Performance Engines"

Any comments please?

mk3_cupra

Well it's been over a year now and I'm happy to report back that the pipe I bought is still working 100% and the fault code has not appeared again.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members