Ovni yellow - protection?

jclaydon

Aug 4, 2008
Peterborough
Hello chaps,

Hopefully picking a lovely Ovni LCR at the weekend, which surprisingly is quite bright colour wise!

I need some advice from you detailers; -
Have any of you got any specific waxes or polishes you use which have good UV protection?
I'm a bit of a clean freak and want to keep the fade away as best as possible from the word go!

Cheers :)

t32er

it wont really matter what you use on it mate, once it starts its to late :(

t32er

it ok though it wont look silly when it fades.... just look like all the other onvi cars about lol
mine has lines of white on it??? fook knows???? i just say its urban cammo

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
it ok though it wont look silly when it fades.... just look like all the other onvi cars about lol

White patches make it more interesting.

No one else has noticed mine yet but just knowing they're there makes me want to get a respray. :cry:

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire

White lines on the paint work is the start of the lacquer peeling off!

Mine started just after all that snow we had at the start of the year, now I have large patches where the lacquer has come away :cry:

Its effected my bonnet, roof & wings so far. A respray is on the cards :cry::cry::cry:

Aug 5, 2010
Pig Hill
White lines on the paint work is the start of the lacquer peeling off!

Mine started just after all that snow we had at the start of the year, now I have large patches where the lacquer has come away :cry:

Its effected my bonnet, roof & wings so far. A respray is on the cards :cry::cry::cry:

Do you notice more every time you wash it?

I try to be as gentle as I can.

You might wanna change your Sig to Ovni (spanish for UFO) :p

K3mist

Simples!
Dec 11, 2008
East Sussex & The Shire
Do you notice more every time you wash it?

I try to be as gentle as I can.

You might wanna change your Sig to Ovni (spanish for UFO) :p

Yeah definitely! Initially it was just the bonnet and roof and I thought a quick respray on just those sections would contain it.
But its spreading like some kind of yellow car disease :D

Does anyone know if this problem can be solved without the cost of a full respray?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members