headlining re trim

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
well peps after a lot of thought i have re trimed my headlining was much easier than what i thought it was. i cannot understand why seat did all the lower half in black and then the top half in grey :confused: think this will look :bleh::p when i fit it in tomorrow plus getting all the grey plastic's, grab handles, nomad guage holder, sun visor's all flocked so will :censored: look the dog's

not bad for a first attemped
003-1.jpg

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
fair play mate looks awsome, was it hard to do, was looking at retriming my headlining (not sure what colour yet) how do you get the head lining out.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
no was pretty easy to do was told to use evostick time bond but by the time i had spread it all over the headlining it had gone off was only 5 mins and when it says 10-15 mins setting time [:@]:censored: so then got some loctite spray adhesivecovered it all agane and then layed the black suede out and smoothed it out took me about 10 mins to do. i have let it set over night and to day trimmed the excess off so roll on tomorrow

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
How did you get the head lining off mate? A would like to give this a bash in my car :D

bought a spare so the orginal one is still on the car. i preety sure remove the grey plastics, sun visor's and i think that there is some plastic gromets as well that hold it up along the side but i will know tomorrow when i change them over

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
To remove the headlining, you need to remove / unclip the A and C pillars, remove the grab handles all around, and then also unclip the trim that they hold in place.
Remove the sun flapp thingy majig's, and plastic trim on the bootlid (above the rear window)

The headlining should then be loose, but before you yank it out, you'll need to unclip the wiring from the light, and also unclip the alarm sensor (above passenger seat)

If your going to do this, then i suggest either sound deadening the roof panel, of sticking something (cardboard) between the roof and the metal panels, as this will elimenate a rattle you may or may not have.

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
well got it fitted in looks very :p plus had some sound deading in the tool box left over from my transporter sportline so used that up on the roof and have to say what a difference u can knock on the roof and sound solid not tinny anyway here is the finished look minus the flocked trim

006-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

004-2.jpg

003-2.jpg

cuprawill

Turbo lag is foreplay
Nov 20, 2009
hats off to you mate looks 1,000,000 times better, will have to do mine soon now.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members