Alloy Wheels & Spacers

Matt-18

Seat Ibiza 1.4
Jul 30, 2010
Gloucester
I've just bought some 16'' BK racing alloy wheels (2nd hand ;)) and I've just had a look at fitting them. On the back, I think the suspension will rub/catch on the tyre, therefore I think I need wheel spacers? Is this right? If so what would people recommend? Cheers :)

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
suj is the resident wheel***** at the moment (but there are alot more) so chat to him but most people on the mk2 section go for 15-20mm spacers, depending on the width of the wheel/tyre combo?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
Spec of wheels? Offset, width, tyres etc

(Width is from bead to bead, not outer edge to outer edge)

Offset should be written on the front or back of wheel, if not, measure from the rear bead to the mounting face, then tell me the width and I can work out the offset

Matt-18

Seat Ibiza 1.4
Jul 30, 2010
Gloucester
Photo0275.jpg

Photo0276.jpg

Photo0277.jpg

Photo0278.jpg

Photo0279.jpg

Photo0280.jpg

Photo0281.jpg

Sorry, I don't know much about wheels, offset etc. so there are a few pics above if that helps?

Tyre 195/50 R16 84V

Theres a number that says 62381

Something that says: DOT-T 62 (I think)

Something that says: H 0818 20 (I think)

Something that says: M3221 06 ( I think)

There was also two other numbers in the centre of the wheel: +45 and 03/03

Does this help? Sorry I'm not 100% sure about the numbers as its hard to read them off the wheel as there not really clear. :)

Matt-18

Seat Ibiza 1.4
Jul 30, 2010
Gloucester
Also I went on BK racing's website, I think I found these but they only had options for 17'' and 18'' therefore I wasn't sure if they were the right ones?

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
ET would be +45, they look like 7" wide due to the 195 tyre looking quite flush

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
they would probably go on the back but perhaps not on the front...10mm front would do it, and 20 back would make it look better, gona scrub with them tyres if your low?

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
yep hoop, its ET45, and it might be a 6.5J, as mine looked the same on my ronal multispokes

tbh I would put a lower profile tyre on, like 195/45/16 or 195/40/16 if you really wanna drop the car

ET45 means you would need like 7mm spacers to have same offset as ronals/other wheels ibiza's came on

best bet for spacers is put the wheels on the car, decide how much more poke you want, then buy the appropriate spacers

as it is multispoke, you might need spigot rings for the centrebore (this is the centre hole of the wheel, measure that and write up the measurements) the ibiza's run 57.1mm centrebore

if smaller than that (doubt it, but possible) you will have to get it milled out (will be pricey, so just sell up and get some other wheels) or if too big you will need "spigot ring" these sit in the wheel making the bigger size hole smaller :)

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
hehe Suj, a fellow *****, i like haha

ive just got a set of wheels, ET49, so im looking at finding out the ideal spacer width to get a set custom made if needed.

Low Pros are a must for any substantial drop, im undecided between 165/45/17 and 184/35/17 at the moment:D

Matt-18

Seat Ibiza 1.4
Jul 30, 2010
Gloucester
yep hoop, its ET45, and it might be a 6.5J, as mine looked the same on my ronal multispokes

tbh I would put a lower profile tyre on, like 195/45/16 or 195/40/16 if you really wanna drop the car

ET45 means you would need like 7mm spacers to have same offset as ronals/other wheels ibiza's came on

best bet for spacers is put the wheels on the car, decide how much more poke you want, then buy the appropriate spacers

as it is multispoke, you might need spigot rings for the centrebore (this is the centre hole of the wheel, measure that and write up the measurements) the ibiza's run 57.1mm centrebore

if smaller than that (doubt it, but possible) you will have to get it milled out (will be pricey, so just sell up and get some other wheels) or if too big you will need "spigot ring" these sit in the wheel making the bigger size hole smaller :)

Cheers Suj, can you explain spigot rings to me and the measurement bit as I don't understand what you mean. I put the wheels against the car and I deffo need spacers on the back as the tyres will rub on the suspension and the centre bit of the place where the wheel goes (Sorry don't know the correct name) doesn;t allow the wheel to sit flush against the plate it bolts on to if you know what I mean?

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
17's on an ibiza? don't do itttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!
haha wait till you see them ;D minds will be changed.

Spigot rings matey, the are used for filling the gap (if any) between the wheel center and the hub spigot. the round bit that sticks out of the brake disk/drum on VAG range vehicles is 57.1 mm. a lot of aftermarket alloy wheels have a lot bigger center bore on the wheels to allow for multy fitment. so to make them fit snuggly on the spigot you need to take up the difference with a set of spigot rings.

i.e, if i was fitting a set of renault wheels onto a seat then i would need a set of spigot rings to take the seat hub size from 57.1mm to 60.1mm so the wheel fits properly.

check out this link
http://www.spigot-rings.com/shop/custom.asp?recid=2

Matt-18

Seat Ibiza 1.4
Jul 30, 2010
Gloucester
Ahh okay I think I get it now, I think I do need a set of spigot rings then. I'm gonna have another look at the wheels this week, but I think I will need 20mm spacers on the back and 10mm spacers on the front.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.