Garrett GT2371R Turbo. Any good???

RAAJ

Aug 11, 2010
Hi

I'm considering upgrading the turbo on my LCR. I've been told by GT3 Turbo that the Garrett GT2371R in kit form is good, as there is no need to change the manifold or down pipe at 300 - 320bhp.

If so I can change the manifold and down-pipe at a later date.

Any suggestions???

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Mates got our engine and this turbo in his Mk2 golf - its THE MUTZ!! Sorely tempted to do it on my Cupra :)

New downpipe is reccomended purely to release more power, but yer - from my side its a good strong turbo.

Go speak to Back Draft

RAAJ

Aug 11, 2010
Mates got our engine and this turbo in his Mk2 golf - its THE MUTZ!! Sorely tempted to do it on my Cupra :)

New downpipe is reccomended purely to release more power, but yer - from my side its a good strong turbo.

Go speak to Back Draft

Cheers Andy

Well I've been quoted £1400 for:

Garrett GT2871R
All oil lines
All water lines
Gaskets
Induction fittings

Was going to order it last week but I think I need to shop around. Any suggestions???

Feb 28, 2010
Southampton
Personally id say thats the money maker - there are other brands, prob just as good, but also just as good on the price! Garrett is a good name & good reputation. I say go for it and keep us posted :)

cant rem if you need new injectors too.............

RAAJ

Aug 11, 2010
A Garrett turbo does not fit onto any Leon manifold or downpipe, unless you buy the ATP Eliminator 2 kit.

Really! That is what GT3 Turbo told me. They where the ones who where going to supply it to me.

In that case is it worth buying ATP Eliminator 2 kit. Will I have any issues or should I just folk out for the manifold and downpipe? Any Suggestion?

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
You also need injectors, remap, more than likely a new clutch the list will grow, rods? also the stock mani won't flow to well so put that on your list.

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Hi

I'm considering upgrading the turbo on my LCR. I've been told by GT3 Turbo that the Garrett GT2371R in kit form is good, as there is no need to change the manifold or down pipe at 300 - 320bhp.

If so I can change the manifold and down-pipe at a later date.

Any suggestions???

Cheers Andy

Well I've been quoted £1400 for:

Garrett GT2871R
All oil lines
All water lines
Gaskets
Induction fittings

Was going to order it last week but I think I need to shop around. Any suggestions???

GT2371 or GT2871?? :confused:

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Ive got a GT28Rs on mine with, stage 3 remap, rods, injectors FMIC etc etc and the car is pretty rapid to say the least.

RAAJ

Aug 11, 2010
You also need injectors, remap, more than likely a new clutch the list will grow, rods? also the stock mani won't flow to well so put that on your list.

I've got most of everything done; remap, intercooler, diverter valve, just ordered the cat-back Blueflame. Was unsure of the manifold and downpipe.

RAAJ

Aug 11, 2010
Ive got a GT28Rs on mine with, stage 3 remap, rods, injectors FMIC etc etc and the car is pretty rapid to say the least.

What down-pipe and manifold are you using? Any other suggestions???

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Changing the turbo would require another remap.

The Eliminator 2 kit is a bit misleading, to get the most out of it you really need to change the manifold too, plus the injectors, plus a remap, plus a downpipe and hi-flow CAT. You're looking at £2k+ easily.

rsmith

Robbie
Apr 28, 2004
Tipperary, Ireland
Changing the turbo would require another remap.

The Eliminator 2 kit is a bit misleading, to get the most out of it you really need to change the manifold too, plus the injectors, plus a remap, plus a downpipe and hi-flow CAT. You're looking at £2k+ easily.

2k without labour probs

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise