Status
Not open for further replies.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Well I have finished setting up the final tweaks (I think!), TBH the SPS unit wasn't much use as I am beyond the max settings! Boost 9 and timing 9 saw zero timing pull, so I added 3 degrees of timing in Unisettings, then I started to get small amounts of pull, so I have stopped there. Fuelling seems to have settled around the -10% mark in the second field of the fuel trims. Boost is set to 1.6 BAR.

On a full power run the outside temp was 20 degrees, intake temp was 24 degrees at full boost, so the Forge intercooler and the water methanol injection are both doing great jobs!

Car pulls hard, spools quick and holds the power as far as I dare go, acceleration is quick, strong sustained push in the back, minimal wheelspin - so I feel I have the optimal setup now and I am more than happy with it. :) Just need to get it on the dyno now to see what it's making.

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
sounds good, look forward to seeing the dyno plot & results!

on a side not, been meaning to ask, now that you have scrubbed in the AD08's, how are they working out?
have you experienced them in the wet? any good??

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
Thats a nightmare!

Id be careful of that tho rob, especially if using the vag scope as it doesnt seem to record data as quickly as loggin. Can give a false sense of security.

Sounds like its going well tho, bet youre happy you made ths switch. :)

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Understood, I have been careful and only been edging things up gradually.

Well if Alex hadn't told me about the 2nd-hand parts from the BDM race car, I would never have moved up to this kit. Plus getting the turbo for cheaper than usual was a bonus too. But yes, it's great having a 'proper' turbo kit now.

RobDon

Pro Detailer
Picked up an uprated Gates Racing reinforced timing belt from 034 and a manual timing belt tensioner kit from IE.

IEkit1.jpg

IEkit2.jpg

IEkit3.jpg

Timing belt: http://www.034motorsport.com/engine...t-reinforced-gates-racing-06a06b-p-20292.html

Manual tensioner kit: http://www.intengineering.com/Integrated-Engineering-p9078957-1-2.html

Reason? The hydraulic tensioner is known to lose pressure over time or fail completely, standard timing belts are know to strip teeth too, so I want to eliminate another 2 potential weak points.

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
Picked up an uprated Gates Racing reinforced timing belt from 034 and a manual timing belt tensioner kit from IE.

IEkit1.jpg

Manual tensioner kit: http://www.intengineering.com/Integrated-Engineering-p9078957-1-2.html

Reason? The hydraulic tensioner is known to lose pressure over time or fail completely, standard timing belts are know to strip teeth too, so I want to eliminate another 2 potential weak points.

I thought you already had the Kevlar belt fitted:confused:

Love seeing you car transform:) one question thou. When fitting new rods and pistons did you go for 0.5mm oversized pistons or did you stay with the standard 81mm ones. Where they a direct fit after de-glazing

Last edited:

RobDon

Pro Detailer
I am done with tweaking and adjusting the fuelling, timing, etc. to get it to where I want.

Fuel trims are sitting at -0.4 (add) and -7.8 (mult) which is well within the -/+ 10% range. lambda is -0.88, timing is 9 on the SPS plus another 3 degrees on Unisettings. Max CF is 4.5 so that's as far as I can go on that, and MAF airflow is 260g/s.

LC sensor in LCR housing, so 260 x 16% = 41.6, 260 + 41.6 = 301.6, 301.6 x 1.25 = 377bhp! :D

Max airflow I got from the hybrid GT2X was 236g/s and this is 260g/s, so a definate step up.

Whether it has 377bhp or not I don't really care, I'll pop it on a dyno at some point, it pulls really hard on the road and I still have great traction, that's what matters to me. :)

Here's a little preview of what's coming next for my car, I have decided to go a bit more hardcore with it ...

cobramonpro1.jpg

More updates soon! ;)

Last edited:

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
The kevlar belt ... I had to remove it after Issam told me to as some of them were snapping! They were withdrawn from sale and now these new Gates racing belts are being sold instead.

Ill better get in touch with Issam then as mine was going on in a few weeks.

When fitting new rods and pistons did you go for 0.5mm oversized pistons or did you stay with the standard 81mm ones. Where they a direct fit after de-glazing?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise