Strange Engine Temperature Dail Reading from LCR

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
059 919 501A - green coolant temperature sensor (part number is 059919501A)

RS6

Nov 24, 2009
yeah at the time, skoda was closer than seat to get a lift to i thought it would be the same everywhere tbh just goes to show!

Seat Gooner

A.K.A Mark
Feb 28, 2009
Wisbech
anyone know what the lcr thermostat temp should be on my old one it says 80* and on my new one it

says 87* but i see on ebay i know not the best place but there are ones advertised at 88*

i got mine from eurocarparts

kwan88

Jan 18, 2003
Slough
Visit site
Well thanks to all the posts. I tried to fix it myself but I couldn't even get past the removing the screws for the plastic cover close to the dip stick.

Well I got quotes from Seat Windor and Seat Cambley and in the end the best was AVIT in Slough, not just for the work but the price and the service recived. I would recommend them now that I have used them, thanks Sunny!

I even got to speak to the engineer who did the work and they had to break the plastic cover to remove the screws. Looking at the themostat, it was stuck in the closed position. The Coolant temp sensor was the black one and AVIT just replaced it for the green seat item. AVIT even used OEM Seat parts and if you speak to Sunny the price is less than the Seat Dealer.

cupra_r_04

cupra_r_04
Apr 8, 2008
Ireland
I had the same problem mate,mine would stick on 60 sumtimes and then move between 80-90 and the engine management light was on aswell,so I took it to a VW garage to get it scanned and they told me that all the thermostat housing and wiring had to be replaced,even thou there isn't any wiring in it. So I got my mechanic to replace em instead and it turned out not to be the thermostat at all.it was the coolent sensor. Replace em both I'd say,itwill oy cost about £40 mate

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.