Blown Turbo :(

xJmagik

Sep 17, 2010
sussex
Alright All

i unfortunatley blown my turbo the other day.

i have a seat ibiza Mk3 stage 2 remap, front mount intercooler uprated breakes cool air intake system. full miltek system.

basically since i have blown my turbo i was thinking about uprating... maybe to an IHI turbo
if i did this what do you recomend i would have to change. i no i would definatley have to uprate the injectors but what to?...

has anyone uprated there turbo? if so what did you change... would really help as i wana get my lil beaut back up and running better than she's ever been.
thanks

dan1990

Dec 1, 2009
Cannock
what turbo are you running ko3? It takes shed loads of cash and alotish of work to convert to ihi or similar a very decent upgrade from ko3 is ko3 hybrid but then it takes quite abit of stuff do a search mate there is loads of info on the diffrent turbo setups and you can make up your own mind from there :D

xJmagik

Sep 17, 2010
sussex
yeah i was just running a K03 yeah i no it takes a bit of work but am thinking it would prob be worth it it the long run.. yeah i herd goos things about K03s turbos... so im going to look in that route also however you would still need to change the injectors though wouldnt you?

truCido

Race Lupo in progress...
Dec 11, 2003
Bristol
www.vagowners.co.uk
for KO3s you don't have to change anything as you already have everything, your map will need a little tweaking ideally.

IHI is going to cost you quite a lump of money, where as the KO3s is prob going to be about £500/£600

May 25, 2008
cambs
as above really ko3s will be around £500 -700 inc map or the hybrid will come in around the 1k mark but you will get more bang for your buck with hybrid, this is making me wish i went straight to hybrid :(

May 25, 2008
cambs
loads of places cr turbos ,backdraft , dare i say it ebay ! Or even someone on here might have one for sale????

xJmagik

Sep 17, 2010
sussex
yeah thats what made me think about not uprating to a k04 just to much to do plus labour will be out of my budget really.. ill have a look into cr turbos refurbing mine and changing it to a k03s like you. definatlery a good option

chris_200120vt

MR carbon fibre
Oct 4, 2008
YEADON, LEEDS
yeah that why im getting mine done would love hybrid due to having all the parts but just short of the money if i could of got away without changing the rods would of done it in a shot but when your quoted £450 in labour plus parts plus vat plus the rods made me:cry::cry:

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
as above really ko3s will be around £500 -700 inc map or the hybrid will come in around the 1k mark but you will get more bang for your buck with hybrid, this is making me wish i went straight to hybrid :(

It does cost more to upgrade to hybrid than 1k, as you would need, hybrid turbo ~ £600, turbo exhaust mani, T-B exhaust and intercooler (which you may already have), injectors, 3" maf, new T.I.P, custom map or stage 3...labour if not fitting yourself.

M87NER

MATNER
Mar 11, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent
depends on how much torque it will be running, think i only knew one person who changed rods ect going hybrid which was RobbieC (or something like that) in a blue ibiza. nothing wrong with urgrading then if you have the money you can do it,

xJmagik

Sep 17, 2010
sussex
yeah to be fiar for the time being im going to probably upgrade then do the rods with my next pay check!:)

xJmagik

Sep 17, 2010
sussex
alright guys..

i have just been quoted the below for a k03s? does this seem right in what i would need to run a k03s??

Ok just need to know the bhp of your car as this will determine what turbo you already have,the last price for the turbo that I had was £1086.88inc I might well be able to do it a bit cheaper for you.You will need 225 audi injectors etc as well to take advantage of this turbo and a large downpipe also you will need a ph3 custom-code if you want us to map it!

thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.