1.9tdi replacement for GAS engine?

trinialhambra

is there a Gasoline engine that will Simply BOLT in to replace the 1.9Tdi engine?
im tired of all the tdi problems and we dont have any dealers that will maintain it or parts. We do however have VW dealer here, so if any VW gas engine will be a straight swap someone please let me know.

trinialhambra

lol- yup Stu, trinidad here, im fed up with all of these tdi issues, looking to go GAS instead

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Find a better mechanic or trade it in for a petrol (gas) one. changing the engine will be a hell of a lot more work that just bolting a different engine in, the gearbox, fuel tank/pumps etc will all need to be replaced along with lots of ancillaries and electronics.

Last edited:

trinialhambra

well that would be nice, but since SEAT no longer has a dealer in my country, parts and service are a pain in the ass and its alwayts a Guess as to whats wrong this time.
Theres also no market value for them as no one really wants to buy it, and no one will trade it in!

LOL
im just trying to have it working as a daily driver as economically and trouble free as possible!

charlierickman

sorry for the inquiry but since we're on the topic of gas engine, by any chance could any of you point me to good brands of a replacement gas tank straps or units?

Eclipse CD7100
MTS Company

Last edited by a moderator:

trinialhambra

oK LOOKING INTO REMOVING THAT 1.9TID AND REPLACING IT WITH SOME FORM OF NISSAN ENGINE SOON, STALLED OUT AGAIN AND CANNOT RESTART.
FEDUP AT THIS POINT

THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN NOTHING BUT DISAPPOINTMENTS AND FRUSTRATIONS.

matthewgdavies

Can't the VW dealer look at it? To all intents and purposes it's a VW Sharan - all engines and ancillaries are common - can't help think a dealer code read may point at a simple sensor failure

Al Wyn

Jan 14, 2009
OP approx 90% of the Alhambra and Sharan is the same as a Ford Galaxy and any decent mechanic should be able to scan and fault find and work on your car. The VW or a Ford dealership should be able to help surely?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.