Soooo MK5!

Jun 24, 2007
durham
imo the mk 4 is dated but like it better than the mk5 there is no denying the mk5 cupras are faster tho no stage 1 mk 4 could be getting down the strip in 13s

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
You'rs might be mine sure aint!

You say that but the mk4 is all round and curvy, no sharp creases like newer cars. If you look at all the modern small town cars such as the new Fiesta, Ibiza, Corsa, etc... the mk4 doesn't stand a chance, it has been out a while now.

It's still a good looking car though... I would compare it to how a 206 looks now. They are still good looking cars, but they are also dated now.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
You say that but the mk4 is all round and curvy, no sharp creases like newer cars. If you look at all the modern small town cars such as the new Fiesta, Ibiza, Corsa, etc... the mk4 doesn't stand a chance, it has been out a while now.

It's still a good looking car though... I would compare it to how a 206 looks now. They are still good looking cars, but they are also dated now.

206 looks sh1t - end of!

ballyg

Feb 16, 2011
Lisburn
I currently have my mk4 in the garage gettin the demister on the windscreen fixed. They gave me a mk5 1.2 sc as a courtesy car. The only thing i dont like about it is the rear. looks like a face lol plus its a crappy turquoise/blue silver colour. but apart from that i think its a stunning car. very nippy for a 1.2 also. been wreckin the tyres on it since i got it lol

gorebrush

Sep 18, 2006
South Wales
I liked the Mk4 enough to buy another one. I traded my last one in January 2009, but there's nothing out there like that 1.9TDI 130 lump to excite.

I did want a Fabia vRS, but the closest one to me was several hundred miles away.

While I don't want to be in an Ibiza FR for more than the next 2-3 years, the one I've just bought will serve as a great stop gap :D

Deleted member 35176

I hate the pre-facelift Mk4's they look bland and boring, love my Mk4 facelift!! Just looks sooo nice!!! I had the 2.0 TDi FR Mk5 in white with grey alloys and it was gorgous, looked awesome, drove even better and had more torque than a donkey sucking a carrot! I want one so bad!

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.