No idea how my intercooler kit fits together

kevlpool24

apr tuned
Mar 15, 2008
liverpool
I think were you've gone wrong is the l shape pipe second pipe after the cooler on the hot side bring it through the ac pipe work not the bottom v shape water pipe that pipe is way too low

Pyro

everyone makes mistakes, that's how learn, fair play for attempting to fit it, least you did fit it

Thank you :) like I said befor we managed to get it to fit in a different way so I think we did a great job cos we rerouted it ;) just don't quite sit in the rite place :(

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
I think were you've gone wrong is the l shape pipe second pipe after the cooler on the hot side bring it through the ac pipe work not the bottom v shape water pipe that pipe is way too low

Problems already been diagnosed if you haven't been keeping up to date.

Pyro

697b91ed.jpg
ea3309df.jpg
d3d4c347.jpg
56248c1b.jpg
0c58e77b.jpg
0c58e77b.jpg
075fc5f0.jpg
there we are gent

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
you need to swap the n75 pipe so that goes to turbo outlet, and the pipe currently on the outlet where the n75 pipe is now.

i think you may have running issues due to the length of the vac piping to the dv and the amount of ts in there.

looks shite like it is now with crap angles for airflow. swap these 2 round and itll look better and flow better

your vac pipe is resting on the hotside pipework aswell, thatl soon burn through.

the connection onto the turbo outlet doesnt look secure either mate.

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
it's mega wrong but wow you still managed to make it fit!

well I know you don't need help any more because all the info you need, including clear pictures of how it should be are in this thread but

697b91ed-1.jpg

You can sell those after market hoses connecting your DV to charge pipe as they were designed for the OEM IC pipes & TIP, you need to get one of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200502986671

should be:

IMAG0603.jpg

this is:

ea3309df.jpg

should look like mine when done:

IMAG0602.jpg

Last edited:

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
or do what i did and lose that bend over the tip, create a smooth airflow and turn the n75 pipe to the left and cut the angled pipe strait, it then joints the big pipe to the cooler over side of block near cylinder 4 as opposed to over the tip

what i have now done is buy a 6inch silicone reducer and lost the cut middle pipe, where it reduces to create less obstruction with the cut pipe... if that makes sense

Last edited:

Mo Arif

V.A.G Planet
May 5, 2010
Birmingham
or do what i did and lose that bend over the tip, create a smooth airflow and turn the n75 pipe to the left and cut the angled pipe strait, it then joints the big pipe to the cooler over side of block near cylinder 4 as opposed to over the tip

what i have now done is buy a 6inch silicone reducer and lost the cut middle pipe, where it reduces to create less obstruction with the cut pipe... if that makes sense

Can I have pictures of your engine bay please James? :D

oldskool

Mo, just hook up with him and take your camera, that way when you do my IC , you can do it the same as James.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
seriously... do it the same as his, but turn the turbo outlet pipe to the left, and the large pipe that goes next to battery to the left... line them up and cut the crap bendy pipe strait and connect together.

easy peasy.

Pyro

Mo your a legend and you James :) I'm gunna give it ago at the weekend need to get ne dv pipe ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.