2007 Formula Sport 1400 - Lack of pulling power

Little Red Seat

Got an odd problem and I am hoping that someone can offer some help.

There appears to a lack of torque when pulling away on a hill start - "flat spot". I also experience poor pick up from pulling away. Car is generally running well but this problem is frutrating.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Car s booked in for this to be investigated, although it would be useful to learn of any other people with a similar problem.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Software update was released in dec 09 for lack of pulling power and unresponsive throttle. Got mine done, now much improved

Little Red Seat

Thanks for the reply - I will mention this to the dealer.

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
Interesting that there was a software update for what I always thought was an awful and potentially dangerous map.

Was this update done on a recall or made public knowledge at all? Only asking because I complained about the same thing to my local stealers and they just said thats the way the car is.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
Interesting that there was a software update for what I always thought was an awful and potentially dangerous map.

Was this update done on a recall or made public knowledge at all? Only asking because I complained about the same thing to my local stealers and they just said thats the way the car is.

what do you mean potential dangerous map?

No the dealer will only do the update if you complain about it. Dont know how much it would cost you to get it done as my car is still under warranty

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
Just that my car will pull hard out of a junction then just bog down before accelerating normally, worse on hill starts. Just seems to be a huge hole the map. It has left me almost stranded half in/out of a junction in the past.

Maybe its just mine :happy:

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
I have this same problem, i spoke to seat wolverhampton and they said that there was an update, but it would cost around £120 to update it.
I think this is a rip off so i will just live with it.

Monks Seat

Mar 23, 2009
Birmingham
Naa, i did try tell seat when the car was still under warranty but the update wasnt around then, i was just told it was the way the car was.

mick-fr

Mégane F1 R26..
Dec 1, 2009
At a Shell garage..
I'd get onto Seat UK. Its not your fault the car is flawed, and if there was nothing wrong they wouldnt have brought out an update. Try speaking to them and see if you can get something off the price....

Cal91

1.4 Powerrr
I took my car in for loads of warranty jobs. I asked them to do the ECU update and they said there was no such update. I'm pissed off cos my mum drove my car the other day and nearly killed herself pulling out of a roundabout!

I only have 2 days left of warranty, no chance of getting it done now is there?! :banned:

matthab

Jun 16, 2010
West Midlands
Does this cover the Sport DAB also?

I have noticed this it will either go or it wont. I have to boot it and be gentile on the clutch or ill end up half way out of a junction. Hill starts are amusing. Glad im not the only one noticing that. THought it was normal :S.

Ill ring the dealers next week as its going in on the 2nd to re program the spare key.

Last edited:

VWscooby

Apr 20, 2008
Durham
must be just yours tbh

Really? :p

Speaking to an ex-seat mechanic he was saying that Seat had a lot of customers returning the cars believing there was something wrong with the cars due to this lack of low-down power and bogging after pulling away.

As stated, if it wasnt a recognised problem they wouldnt have made an update. Nice of them to make it for just my car eh?!!:happy:

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
I took my car in for loads of warranty jobs. I asked them to do the ECU update and they said there was no such update. I'm pissed off cos my mum drove my car the other day and nearly killed herself pulling out of a roundabout!

I only have 2 days left of warranty, no chance of getting it done now is there?! :banned:

yes there is! my cars warranty ends today and guess where it is!

Little Red Seat

Referring back to my original post - The dealer plugged the car into their computer to check for any fault codes. Nothing was found. There is not a software update (that's what I was told), although I have asked the dealer to make a note on the records should the problem become a bigger issue once the car is out of warranty.

To give you a feeling for the problem - the other day the car would not pull away on a hill start without slipping the clutch at 3,000 rpm.

Thanks to everyone who posted their comments.

rf860

Jan 23, 2010
scotland
thats definaltely not right, and mine was never than bad before they updated the software. Also, i dont think this problem would store any faults as such as its more a problem with they way the ecu is programmed rather than any 'hard' faults. I dont understand why they have said there is no update available though, all they have to do is plug the car into the computer i would imagine - which is not too labour intensive is it! I would maybe try another dealer and see what they say cos it sounds as if that dealer does'nt know what they are on about.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.