2010 Leon lighting

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
I have a 2010 plate FR Tsi , which has several factory fitted packs [lights are std not HID's] and when the lights are in "auto" mode ALL lights come on [sides, dipped & fog] - This never happened on my 56 plated FR only sides and dipped. The only way to get ride of this is to switch the light switch to dipped and then back to auto - is this a "new" feature or is the wiring wrong, any idea's ?
Just found out my car is fitted to fog lights that turn !!! and that is the reason for the way the light setup is different - I should have the manual doh. .....................................doh

Last edited:
Are you sure you weren't in reverse gear when you checked? I also have bi-xenons and DRLs like mrcoyote and the dipped and sidelights come on when either in dipped position on the switch or when in AUTO and it's dark enough.

The fogs only come on if those same conditions are met AND the headlight switch is pulled out, or when it's not pulled out but the car is in reverse gear. The fact that both fogs come on when reversing is one of the quirkier features of the 'cornering fog lights' thingey. Weird.

As an aside, the cornering fogs feature means the difference in colour with the bi-xenons is more of an aesthetic annoyance (I'm sure I wouldn't care about the colour in actual fog!), so I've ordered some replacement HB4/9006 bulbs with a comparable colour temp to improve the looks slightly. :)

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Any of you lot had any issues with the coming home lights on yours?

Who did you order these from please?
Ordered some MTEC "Cosmos Blue-White" 9600 bulbs - which claim 4750K colour temp - from hids-direct here:

http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-x...c-12v-55w-cosmos-white-xenon-bulbs-p-395.html

They arrived this morning but didn't get chance to install them before it was already dark. :rolleyes:

Here's what the box looks like though:

MTEC-cosmos-blue-white-HB4-9600-1.jpg

MTEC-cosmos-blue-white-HB4-9600-2.jpg

And here's what my car looks like at the moment (i.e. before the upgrade), with factory bi-xenons, factory fog lights but upgraded sidelights (Philips 4000K LED):

OE-fogs-bi-xenons-1.jpg

OE-fogs-bi-xenons-2.jpg

It was a bit too dark for my camera phone to cope with the bright lights, but you can see the fogs look quite yellow/orange compared to the bi-xenons... I'm hoping the MTECs will fix that. :)

I'll post some 'after' pics once I've done the swap (if I can figure out how to change the foglight bulbs - I never bothered with my FR so no idea how to go about it!).

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.