failing turbo

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
James, its got to be a hybrid mate.

~£600 to get your turbo done from CR Turbos
~£200 for injecters
~£30-100 for a MAFF (get a dead one from a forum member as all you need it the tube)
~£100 for miscellaneous hoses
~£500 for mapping

So you could do it for circa £1500 mate..

Pyro

~£200 for injecters
~£30-100 for a MAFF (get a dead one from a forum member as all you need it the tube)
~£500 for mapping

Could do but it engine out jobbie ect and think you need different manifold and a few other bits aswel ;)

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts

~£200 for injecters
~£500 for mapping

lcr t.i.p??

lcr fuel pump??

4 bar reggy

these needed?

plus labour costings.....hmmmh

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Could do but it engine out jobbie ect and think you need different manifold and a few other bits aswel ;)

:wtf:

Why would you need to take the engine out just to change the turbo...... :no:

......manifold is optional but worthwhile.

If the turbo is coming off then I'd remove the manifold and get Bill to port it for ~£100. Easier to fit then a INA one and guaranteed to fit perfect :)

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Yea, I do mate.
You can pick up secong hand injecters cheap enough, then all you need are a few miscellaneous hoses then a LCR/TT/S3 MAF tube. Obviously you will need the actual turbo and map..

I thought long and hard about doing it before I sold mine.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Turbo is the only thing to even think about. Standard mani is only a hour job and once the mani is off the turbo is much easier to get to..

All easy enough for anyone competent enough with a spanner :)

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
any guides on turbo removal and procedures damien please??

thinking of being soft and spunking a grand and going oem replacement and fix a few other issues along the way.

Damoegan

Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
lcr t.i.p??

lcr fuel pump??

4 bar reggy

these needed?

plus labour costings.....hmmmh

You can get away without a LCR TIP with a few silicone couplers..
LCR fuel pump depends on how strong your OEM one is. You could also use a inline Wilbro..
4bar reggy is down to software.

any guides on turbo removal and procedures damien please??

thinking of being soft and spunking a grand and going oem replacement and fix a few other issues along the way.

I've not come across any guids mate, sorry.

Its quite straight forward once you start removing things though.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
James, have you noticed any excess exhaust fumes on boost or just after coming off boost? I posted in another one of your threads regarding a funny whining noise which seems to rise and fall with the engine revs/throttle pedal position, just lagging slightly behind the throttle position changes.

Today I noticed a couple of times there was a bit of condensation on the outside of the rear window after I'd been on boost, but I wasn't really pushing it at all as was in town. Beginning to worry my turbo may be faulty too :(

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
just the exhaust tips coked more than usual..... no extra fumes as such no.

also weird.... 1 exhaust tip pushes out colder air, the other hot.......hmmmh

Pyro

James, have you noticed any excess exhaust fumes on boost or just after coming off boost? I posted in another one of your threads regarding a funny whining noise which seems to rise and fall with the engine revs/throttle pedal position, just lagging slightly behind the throttle position changes.

Today I noticed a couple of times there was a bit of condensation on the outside of the rear window after I'd been on boost, but I wasn't really pushing it at all as was in town. Beginning to worry my turbo may be faulty too :(

Think it could be the cold weather just a small change ;)

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
just the exhaust tips coked more than usual..... no extra fumes as such no.

Mine does look pretty black, but I can't remember how long ago I washed the car :ban: and I often forget to wash the exhaust tip as it is :ban::ban:

Think it could be the cold weather just a small change ;)

It's warm here today, and the car had been running for a while, altho I was keeping off boost. Maybe it was just that the turbo hadn't warmed up...

Pyro

Could be I find after my 120 mile motorway drove to work as I'm not using the turbo it's quite steamy after coming off at my junction ;)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise