boost still no better, N75 or 249????

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
as per my previous thread, had the car mapped a week ago and i keep getting limp mode and intermittant boost in 4th 5th and 6th. by intermittant i mean 2 seconds of boost then a second laying off and so on, like im pushing up and down on the accelarator. I can boot the car and its cool apart from the trippy boost further up the gears, if i then drive it steady for 5 mins when i go to boot it again im in limp! My thoughts on this where the spring in the dv, which iv just changed today for the yellow, the boosts holding better but was still intermittant on the way to work tonight, if it was the spring would changing it show an instant improvment or will it need a few hours to adapt? iv also just changed the fuel filter incase that prohibiting fuel pressure, also if the spring doesnt sort it, my next thoughts are bypass the n249, if not that then boost leak test, if not that then its gotta be the n75 right? the vagcom code i get is 17705 pressure drop between turbo and throttle, anybody experienced this and know what the crack is? thanks in advance :D

Also tell me im a fooking ideot but can the n75 be removed in place of a straight connection and just run the boost pressure straight to the actuator? or am i really being stupid???

Last edited:

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
i had a similar issue, but no limp mode,

more that if you plant it in 3rd 4th 5th and 6th itll spike boost then be on off on off on off all the way to the red,

turned out to be a duff n75, fitted the ecs one and its running better than ever, peaks at 19.1 holds 17psi

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
thats exactly what im getting mate, on and off to the redline it feels horrible! can you do away with the n75 or not? with what im saying, running boost straight to the actuator?

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
thats exactly what im getting mate, on and off to the redline it feels horrible! can you do away with the n75 or not? with what im saying, running boost straight to the actuator?

nah the n75 is practically an ecu controlled boost controller, it'd either throw limp mode or just not boost past 5psi,

the n75 doens a good job when its running right

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
and a **** job when it isnt, the mad thing is it hasnt been a problem until the guy pulled the cable out after mapping then bang, dodgy boost! where will i get one from, cheap as possible cos im really getting sick of spending money on replacement parts, this is all mod money going out the window on knackered standard bits :(

even a working second hand one will do me, also what code is standard on ours, j?

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
i have a oem n75 here...... they are circa 70quid new from stealers. ecs is 80quid i think

yup be warned about the ecs valve too, i was quite lucky my lc likes it, and only paid 40 notes, some are known to throw limp mode if its an overly agressive map

ecs is H variant,. J is furthermore agressive, F is standard

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
ahhh i get what ya sayin i noticed there made by esc, the others are vag parts! so im looking at h revision is that right, or with my agress map should i go for j revision?

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
just noticed for the 2.0 fsi there only £22, what a joke! whats the e revision, sorry for all the questions on this i just havent got a clue what these revisions actually mean, the E is half the price of the f, and the app guide reckons its game with the 180 engine

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
just thought im surrounded by scrappys, which cars do i need to be looking at to get the right n75 for mine, il just go and pull one off there only little lol

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
golf gti mk4
skoda octavia mk1 vrs,
leon cupra/cupra R mk1
Audi tt 180, 225, mk1
audi a3 1.8t

they're all F IIRC someone might prove me wrong, but its stamped F on the valve anyways,

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
mint iv found an audi a4 cabby on 03 1.8t local to me will that work? if so im gonna go and pinch it tommora :funk:

and theres an octavia vrs, im laughing here like, 8am tommorow i should be running sweet, aslong as someone else hasnt already took em [:@]

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members