Fitting an Lcr maf to an LC?

Pyro

If I got a silicone reducer (well enhancer) would I be able to fit lcr maf?? And if so how will this effect the car??

At a guess I'll get a better airflow as it's bigger rite?? But the only thing I can think will stop thi is the length of the maf sencor coupler!!

Thoughts apreciated :)

Cheers lads
Sam

Jun 21, 2010
Stockton on Tees
if you coat the edges in jam before you fit it youl get an extra 50 bhp, worth 89p, gotta be raspberry though, strawberry doesnt work ha ha ha ha ha

serios though it can only improve your airflow surely

Pyro

if you coat the edges in jam before you fit it youl get an extra 50 bhp, worth 89p, gotta be raspberry though, strawberry doesnt work ha ha ha ha ha

serios though it can only improve your airflow surely

:lol: :WTF: are you chatting fool lol

I can't see it being bad??

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
im sure the calibration of the 80mm maf ove the 70mm will be totally different

the sensor reads the flow rate, but the management will interpret that as if its the 70mm maf im sure, so with the 80mm with a higher flow rate relative, if anything you'll run overly lean, and end up running high cylinder temps,

the 70's just fine,

Pyro

But 80mm's betta :D but with the self learning ecu and adaptive maps ect it should be able to cope???

Pyro

I know its not restricting power;) bit if it's bigger then better airflow? Thus making better g/s????

t32er

loads of guys have done this on the cupras...
its normaly fine BUT you ned to take the sensor out of you cupra maf and put in to the housing of the lcr maf!! lcr sensor wont agree with the cupra and make it do stuff you wont like!
you may aswell get a 3inch tip sam, make it look a lot neater....

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
:rolleyes:

Without remapping to suit (which is pointless) your ecu will see less airflow so it will fuel less. Less fuel = running lean = eventual serious engine damage.

There's a wealth of good information in these forums that people don't seem to bother reading these days....

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
loads of guys have done this on the cupras...
its normaly fine BUT you ned to take the sensor out of you cupra maf and put in to the housing of the lcr maf!! lcr sensor wont agree with the cupra and make it do stuff you wont like!
you may aswell get a 3inch tip sam, make it look a lot neater....

It's the same sensor, just in a different sized housing.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I know its not restricting power;) bit if it's bigger then better airflow? Thus making better g/s????

so if we all stuck dustbins on to feed our turbos we would all be running... what 500bhp? The turbo can only run to is best potential and on your car after the Downpipe and cat , the turbo is the restriction.

You can double the airflow to your turbo, but it will only take what it needs.

Pyro

I know I can't just trow air down it and make it go faster but the better airflow u can get the better it all runs but if It'll run lean then I won't bother ;)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.