Price of the 2 small honeycombe grills £29.49 each?!

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
Went to my local Seat dealers today to ask about the 2 small honeycombe grills either side of the main S grill and was quote £29.49 EACH (inc Vat) i just wanted the black ones off the FR!

I actually pointed out the grills on a car in the showroom and he went to check, are they really this expensive? or do you think he was looking at another part?!?

Dec 3, 2009
yeah the facelift FR grills are about that much!

Ask Sere motors as they may be £26ea

the FR NON facelift are more like £9ea but not as pretty

Dec 3, 2009
ibziafront.jpg

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
My sig will give you a better idea of the pre-facelift FR ones, as much as the newer ones are nice I couldn't justify the extra plus I think they match the standard facelift honeycombs better

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
some come as striaght slats, there like £9 for a pair.
and the honeycomb ones just have a daft price on them.

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
which one would look best; the pre facelift or newer one:confused: mine looks like it has the smaller holes

car.jpg
Image000.jpg

Last edited:

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
Looks like you've got the standard facelift bumper with the smaller honeycombs (like mine) both would look nice but I do think the FR (prefacelift) grills match better as the facelift FR has a completely different (larger) honeycomb

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
Looks like you've got the standard facelift bumper with the smaller honeycombs (like mine) both would look nice but I do think the FR (prefacelift) grills match better as the facelift FR has a completely different (larger) honeycomb

how much are the preface lift ones?

is it a big job to replace upper and lower grills with the facelift fr grills?

Dec 3, 2009
no it's just a bumper off job, more time than difficulty, if you've taken it off before it's like 5 mins work

then pop the grills out which can be tough, new ones will click in annoyingly easily

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
no it's just a bumper off job, more time than difficulty, if you've taken it off before it's like 5 mins work

then pop the grills out which can be tough, new ones will click in annoyingly easily

thanks :) think its best i go for the prefacelift or they wont match

do you know what price it would be to upgrade top and bottom ones do you??

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
how much are the preface lift ones?

is it a big job to replace upper and lower grills with the facelift fr grills?

Mine cost around £20 posted which I thought were quite cheap considering they came from Germany

The top grills take some force to come off but they aren't too hard to do

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
prefacelift bottom grills or not ?

dunno what car you have ^_^

sorry i meant i should go for pre face lift top so it matches the bottom , but wondered what price it might be to upgrade top and bottom grills to the facelifts ones.

Dec 3, 2009
yours is the grey car so it's facelift bumper?

I'd get the prefacelift tops UNLESS you upgrade the bottom to FR as well, but that's expensive

I don't know the price of the bottom FR

wrexham

Sep 23, 2010
yours is the grey car so it's facelift bumper?

I'd get the prefacelift tops UNLESS you upgrade the bottom to FR as well, but that's expensive

I don't know the price of the bottom FR

yes, grey one. i just need the part number for the prefacelift ones then :) if anyones has it :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members