arosa brake upgrade

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
whats the best way to upgrade arosa brakes?

are there any good discs and pads that actually make a difference.

or is it a complete caliper change etc? if so what from?

or will i be looking at a hub change also?

its a tdi by the way

thanks in advance

HoocH

Boo

The original wee beastie
Nov 12, 2006
Eastbourne
Best person to ask is Trucido or 1litrewonder hun. I tried greenstuff pads and didn't notice any difference at all, if anything they didn't last as long as standards.

CatB1

Nov 19, 2003
Manchester
www.freeserve.com
Put my old Mk3 Cupra discs, calipers & pads on my Tdi, they work very well for a relatively light car, far better than the standard. Also bought a second hand set of 16inch Mk2 Cupra 16v alloys to clear them (rolling radius not too far from original as running 195x45's, just about catch the arch liner when reversing on full lock). Brembos will fit with some carefully selected spacers for the caliper bracket & wheels.

Pete

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
exactly the same set-up as a Mk2/3 Ibiza mate ;)

if it's got 239's as standard, then you'll need new hubs from one with 256mm or larger. Once you've got the right hubs, you can fit anything from 256mm (mk2 Ibiza 8v), 280mm (Mk2 16v, Mk3 20vT), 305mm (Mk3 Ibiza Cupra R), or modified 312mm discs and calipers from the Mk1 Leon etc ;)

Audi S2 caliper will also fit on the 280mm disc, giving you 2-pot rather than just the single ;)

1litre wonder

(s)Low rider
Jul 6, 2006
Glasgow
for a front caliper upgrade on a 1.0 or 1.4mpi you will need, lupo GTi, lupo sport, arosa sport, Lupo or arosa 1.4TDi front hubs ( some polo ones work as well ) , 256mm or 280mm caliper carriers ( please note the lupo GTi and Lupo sports both have 256mm discs however i am 99% certain that the lupo GTi uses slightly thicker discs but its been like 2 years since i last faffed about with this stuff on these wee cars)

Calipers
Carriers
discs
pads
hubs
id replace the bottom ball joints and wheel bearings while i was at it just while the hubs are off the car

as for master cylinder, some say upgrade to the GTi which is off the top of my head 22mm

once you have the right hubs you can either go 256mm or 280mm G60 options

if your thinking about rear brakes, you need to strip it down to the stub axels however you would be easier getting a lupo GTi rear beam and doing a complete swap as that way you would get the built in rear ARB as well ;)

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
how about brembos on standard discs LOL

as its a tdi, i have the 256mm discs, so my next upgrade will be the g60/cupra brakes.

thanks for info