Abs & tcs lights on, but no faults on vagcom.

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
Ive had a problem with the car, where the abs and tcs lights are on the dash, but there are no errors on vagcom.
The car seemed to be using alot of fuel,and PhilW suggested the maf maybe a problem. I've swapped this out, and the fueling seems to have sorted itself, but the lights are still there, and there are still no fault codes.

Any suggestions?

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Have you checked both abs and engine controllers? tried disconnecting the battery to see if that method helps.... ?

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
Make sure you were looking in the ABS Brakes part of vag-com.

ABS and TC lights usually point to Speed Sensor on one of the wheels, checked there all plugged in first.

Sparkie900

Sep 17, 2010
I have the same problem mate, but i think it's a bit more serious.

My lights aren't always on but often, when i decide to open it up a little and put the brake on to slow down, obviously, abs and tcs lights come on and brake pedal throws my foot up and judders it.

Dont no if you have the same problem?

Im gonna try disconnect the battery tonight, see if that helps, but do i need a code or anythin for the headunit?

sorry to steal you thread a little bit mate.

Cheers

Mark

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
No code needed, checked the fuses on batter to see if the metal contact are clean/rust free?

Sparkie900

Sep 17, 2010
well now then lol

this may be interesting for you, as there is not cover over the fuse box on the battery.

Is this a possible problem, letting in moisture? causing them to short out etc...

twenny

engine geek !!!
Oct 9, 2008
East Yorkshire
Hi sparkie ,
No cover over the fuse box certainly wont help your problem fella .

Id pull each fuse individualy and clean and inspect both the fuse contacts and were the fuse goes ,clean with electrical cleaner , Then try to fashion a cover to keep the moisture out .

do the above and take it from there

hope this helps
all the best
twenny

Sparkie900

Sep 17, 2010
Will do it tomorrow,

Where can i get electrical cleaner?

Thanks for that m8.

Will attempt to make something for the mean time, do you know where i can get the proper cover?

Sorry again, i kind of stole this thread a little bit.

EZ Tutty

Nov 21, 2006
Derby
www.eztutty.co.uk
I have the same problem mate, but i think it's a bit more serious.

My lights aren't always on but often, when i decide to open it up a little and put the brake on to slow down, obviously, abs and tcs lights come on and brake pedal throws my foot up and judders it.

Dont no if you have the same problem?

Im gonna try disconnect the battery tonight, see if that helps, but do i need a code or anythin for the headunit?

sorry to steal you thread a little bit mate.

Cheers

Mark

I had an identical problem, and it was damaged wires leading up to the plug that goes to one of the ABS sensors

Sparkie900

Sep 17, 2010
oh, that's good you got it sorted m8, can you tell me where the fuse is please?

i may as well check that first haha

cheers

mark

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise