brembos vs wilwood !

May 25, 2008
cambs
right i have been offered by a close friend a wilwood 4 pot set up off this mk2 golf gti 280mm discs for a song , are the brembos worth the extra ???as i have seen a few set ups for sale for more £££££
Advice ???

May 25, 2008
cambs
ok this is making me think because i have been offered the wilwoods for £200 no discs but new pads and i have seen a brembo kit for £500

cupramillo

The "Red Baron"
Feb 24, 2008
South London
In cant compare as i have never tried the willwoods, but i can say i love my brembos. Id never go back to the standard brake setup.

Brembo's FTW!

Prebs

Dec 28, 2004
Norway, Bergen
In cant compare as i have never tried the willwoods, but i can say i love my brembos. Id never go back to the standard brake setup.

Brembo's FTW!

Cant rate my brembos high enough after some decent ds2500 pads and a good bleed of motul rbf and Ive done a lot of trackdays with my brakes. Never tried wilwood and Im open to say that they might be in the same street but I would simply not belive that wilwoods are loads better, as Ive read more issues about willwoods that brembos on hatchbacks.

h17och

the hunt is over. 460bhp
Sep 1, 2005
Dunstabubble
wilwoods are sh!t. ive had them.

brembos are better.

ap even better. but they were much bigger discs

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Different application, but my friend ran Wilwoods on his 400bhp GT4 - He found the caliper felt like it was flexing & giving a whole lot of fade... no real comparison to Brembos, but he said the AP's he later fitted were 100x better :D

exactly what I had when I ran them. pads would wear wdge shaped such was the caliper flex. Brembo's were c*ck on

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
exactly what I had when I ran them. pads would wear wdge shaped such was the caliper flex. Brembo's were c*ck on

Not had this at all on my Wilwoods, pad wear has been great on the DS2500's.

If i was doing them again i would go brembos, with DS3000 pads. Which i might look to swap mine to next year, or AP's.

May 25, 2008
cambs
right lets get this straight wilwoods flex under braking???
I have been offered a brembo set for twice the willwood price
Are we right in saying that brembos are more than twice as good on a road car???

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
right lets get this straight wilwoods flex under braking???
I have been offered a brembo set for twice the willwood price
Are we right in saying that brembos are more than twice as good on a road car???

Wilwoods flex... for me gave inconsistent brake pedal and braking, would not brake straight or evenly, and wore the pads wedge shaped.. Abysmal
mine were superlight-4's on ds2500's

Brembos just "worked" perfectly out of the box, brakes square, hard and reliably.

brakes for me were important enough an item to get something which both worked reliably and safely.. Wilwoods did not do that for me. brembo's did, and AP's currently do a perfect job for me now also.

its obviously your choice.. but cost is not something I rank above safety/performance

May 25, 2008
cambs
ok fair enough i think i might just go and pay the extra for the brems and he will have to sell them elsewhere

Jun 17, 2007
Aberdeenshire
Can only comment on brembos, mine are the best brakes i have ever had,
Going for some grooved discs and ds2500 pads next though, the standards are a tad worn now.

May 25, 2008
cambs
ok cheers people ! Sounds like a one sided argument really , i'm going for the brembos now just hope they are as good as i'm told

May 25, 2008
cambs
hope so as ive commited myself to buying them and got ear ache off the missus for doing so ,lol she'll get over it

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.