fitting a cd/dvd player

dazfr

hi there i have a alpine single din pop out screen dvd player i was wondering if anyone could tell me how do i go about fitting it? would be much appreciated if you could help thanks

Zero T

Jun 18, 2007
Midlands
I have a pioneer AVH-P4900 in mine, to fit it i had to cut out part of the plastic behind the stereo. They are longer than normal stereo's so you won't be able to get away from it

I've got a picture somewhere before and after so you can see what i mean but can't find it!

shazo

Nov 26, 2009
you need the keys for VAG cars, i used keys from a polo, 2 small things which go into the slots at the bottom of the cd player under the numbers i think. you push the keys in then give the cd player a good pull and it should come out.
you may need to buy the ISO conector converter thing depending on your after market dvd player.
when putting the dvd player in it will be very tight at the back where the wires are, so be carful not to force it too hard.
regarding DVD player, once i did fit it, i found it anoying that it covered the de-mister ect when the dvd screen was out, so i swapped the empty pocket to the top and put the dvd player at the bottom.

also, just as a peice of advice... if you have a tuned TDI ibiza with torque like mine... be sure to put the screen in before you put your foot down! ... i had to learn the hardway and nearly snapped my screen. :D

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I have a pioneer AVH-P4900 in mine, to fit it i had to cut out part of the plastic behind the stereo. They are longer than normal stereo's so you won't be able to get away from it

I've got a picture somewhere before and after so you can see what i mean but can't find it!

Niceee, I see you upgraded the stereo chap. I've got a Pioneer AVH unit too, they're awesome aren't they? I didn't have to cut anything myself, sticks out ever so slightly but you can hardly tell looks great, not sure if you saw mine when we met last time.

Heres a pic of mine for reference:

29052010001.jpg

Edit: As for the keys to get the old stereo out, I didn't use any. I cut up a credit card and it worked a treat :D

Zero T

Jun 18, 2007
Midlands
I had it around from the last install in my Octy so kept it for this one, it may just be because it's an older unit that i had to cut away at the back and they are now made shorter. Only one way to find out!

If you need keys do what i did, go to Halfords and ask them to let you try them....then tell them they didn't work and give them back.....saved me £5 lol

Just make sure you leave quick ;)

stezo2k

Anjuna Monkey
Mar 15, 2008
Dudley
I had it around from the last install in my Octy so kept it for this one, it may just be because it's an older unit that i had to cut away at the back and they are now made shorter. Only one way to find out!

If you need keys do what i did, go to Halfords and ask them to let you try them....then tell them they didn't work and give them back.....saved me £5 lol

Just make sure you leave quick ;)
Fair play, still a good looking unit bud. I love Pioneer stuff, even have a Pioneer TV and cinema kit as well as the stereo of course heh.

Tbh a few members have mentioned they had to cut to get their back to get a Pioneer to fit, I just strategically placed the wires so it fitted well, only reason I didn't want to cut is I don't want to sell the car with the headunit.

Thats a wicked idea btw :D

Hows the car btw? Still giving you grief? Shame you couldn't make the meet last night

dazfr

How do I get the wee tray out that's under the standard head unit

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.