dash lights and alarm sounding !

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
popped to the shops this evening, when returning to my lcr unlocked the car and got in. when i went to start the car (ign at pos 2) all the dash / warning lights went out and there was no response. they appeared to flash on and off. after a few attempts she finally went and i drove home. when i got out to lock the car the locks sounded slow in operating and the indicators seemed dull, then the alarm went off ! any ideas ? thanks

mark smith

"take it or leave it !"
Oct 28, 2007
westbury !
okay bit of an update. checked the battery 12.4v. started the car all seemed fine, alternator charging at 14.5v. stopped the car and restarted, alternator now only putting out 12.6v - 12.8v. switched off and the secondard water pump carried on running (normal) battey voltage dropped pretty quick. keyed on, battery now at 12.1v dash light flashing and illumination goes ! thinking an alternator and poss a battery too ?

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
Im free tonight if you want to pop over and get vagcom on it mate, can log battery voltage with it as well if u want to take it out for a run and see if its fluctuating or anything...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise